Sponsored

Upgrade or switch cars? (DD, occasional track)

OP
OP

'19Bullitt.32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
He still doesn't have any camber in the front. I'd say start with a good alignment. You can balance a bad front end by killing the rear, but we quickly get into a race to the bottom.
I can get camber plates and willing to run - 2 deg.

OP
OP

'19Bullitt.32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
really? why? The car already understeers enough.
I was thinking thickening both bars would control roll more but increase it more in the rear.

That's essentially what the PP2 does vs the PP1.

But I can do that later. I'm going to just do the rear first.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But I can do that later. I'm going to just do the rear first.
springs support the car, not bars. Have you availed yourself of the spring rate spreadsheet that also includes bar 'rates'?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Well, I would suggest feeling the changes in small increments. Adding front camber its powerful, and for the track, -2.0 is too low. If you can get to -3, you should.

Adding rear roll couple with the bar will reduce understeer, but it often does so in a way which doesn't really help. It will often make the car less stable or predictable and induce a behavior which is more prone to wheelspin/snap loose.

It's no big deal to play around to find the appropriately sized RARB, but we need to appreciate this should not be a primary tuning tool. It's the salt in the soup, not the potatoes.

Sponsored

OP
OP

'19Bullitt.32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well, I would suggest feeling the changes in small increments. Adding front camber its powerful, and for the track, -2.0 is too low. If you can get to -3, you should.

Adding rear roll couple with the bar will reduce understeer, but it often does so in a way which doesn't really help. It will often make the car less stable or predictable and induce a behavior which is more prone to wheelspin/snap loose.

It's no big deal to play around to find the appropriately sized RARB, but we need to appreciate this should not be a primary tuning tool. It's the salt in the soup, not the potatoes.
I don't want so much camber it wears my tires prematurely on the street.

If 10% more RARB (25 mm / 1 in) makes the car a little more eager to rotate that would be great.

Lower brace will add a little more response, hopefully.

I'm hoping the Steeda IRS lock-in (not sure why they're called "lock-out"...they help lock it in place.) bars will help button-down the rear a little. (Less squirm / unpredictable motions)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
rubbish. -2.5 doesn't elevate wear that you'd notice. And anyway if you're not prepared to spend $$$ on tires, just quit now.

I'm hoping the Steeda IRS lock-in (not sure why they're called "lock-out"...they help lock it in place.) bars will help button-down the rear a little. (Less squirm / unpredictable motions)
Yes, you absolutely have to pin the IRS and take all the giant slop out of it. Otherwise it drives like Harley, with a hinge in the middle of the frame.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Did you cross-shop the BMR bracing? I haven't purchased either yet, but I was looking at these and it was interesting to me how BMR and Steeda seem to have taken different approaches to this.

OP
OP

'19Bullitt.32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Did you cross-shop the BMR bracing? I haven't purchased either yet, but I was looking at these and it was interesting to me how BMR and Steeda seem to have taken different approaches to this.
I have not, will check it out, thanks.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did one car with BMR, the other with Steeda. I think the BMR solution is slightly preferable but more involved, whereas the Steeda one is lighter and easier to pull off.

The easiest way forward is the IRS alignment dowels (BMR/Steeda/Lethal, doesn't matter) married to Whiteline's IRS bushing lockout kit and then add the Steeda IRS brace.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I did one car with BMR, the other with Steeda. I think the BMR solution is slightly preferable but more involved, whereas the Steeda one is lighter and easier to pull off.

The easiest way forward is the IRS alignment dowels (BMR/Steeda/Lethal, doesn't matter) married to Whiteline's IRS bushing lockout kit and then add the Steeda IRS brace.
For the IRS alignment dowels, are you referring to these?

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438.html

Anything that makes Whiteline's lockout kit preferred over say BMR CB005 or am I misunderstanding?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

If 10% more RARB (25 mm / 1 in) makes the car a little more eager to rotate that would be great.
I get what you're saying, but WD-40 on the rears would work for that as well. There may be an alternative which improves balance and wear.

MPGainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2014 Porsche 911 50th
I have a 2022 Mach 1 with the handling package. I had the camber adjusted per Ford's "track alignment" specs and I track it otherwise completely stock. It's a blast. The differences between your car and mine are primarily suspension and tires (maybe some engine, trans, oil, and diff coolers too). I bought a second set of rims and tires because as you guessed, the tramlining with 305s on Cup2's is pretty bad. It rides great on the road with the track alignment and less aggressive rubber. For what it's worth, it's a great dual purpose car and can be repaired at a Ford dealer.
Sponsored