Sponsored

*Updated - Cellink Battery B install* Blackvue DR650GW-2CH dash cam install w/pics

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I believe they are both chassis grounds. I think there is 2 because of the number of terminations Ford needed. Hold the ground to one and test power to the blackvue before making final connection.
Sponsored

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Looks like a nice set-up.

OP
OP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Just got the camera and ran my cables. I was able to use a 6" extension and a 5/16" socket to loosen the screw. My question to confirm is which screw is the ground. I think it's the bottom but wanted to make sure.

Edit...pic went sideways so in this pic I have it as the right screw as the ground.
I don't remember there being two screws (there very well could have been). Either one should work as they are both bolting right to the metal chassis.

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ya I figured as much the bottom was easier to get at. I used some super glue to tack the magic pro ground wire in place while I tightened the screw. Seems to be good now just need to figure out how to work this thing.

Thanks for the write up I used the same fuses as well.

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
I have this on order, so from my understanding there is no way to tap in power with the magic pro, I still need to use the cigarette lighter? I was hoping not to use it. Do I need to split the cig lighter apart and tap that as well? Sorry if I missed it in the thread...

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I have this on order, so from my understanding there is no way to tap in power with the magic pro, I still need to use the cigarette lighter? I was hoping not to use it. Do I need to split the cig lighter apart and tap that as well? Sorry if I missed it in the thread...
You can tap it for power. It's in the first post.

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
Thanks for clarifying, I was a bit confused as the photos showed it had a cig lighter for power as well.

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The power magic has a cigarette adapter to plug in the blackvue for power. You tap in the wires from the power magic; for now I used the same fuses as the OP. Install is fairly easy burying the wires, but as mentioned the ground is a little bit of a hassle. I was contortionist getting to that ground screw but all in all I'd say an hour I was done.

OP
OP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Not sure it would be worth the effort to try hard wire the camera to the magic pro. I just plugged the blackview into the magic pro via the cigarette lighter 'adapter' and tucked in all in behind the fuse panel.

It is not like you are actually plugging anything into the cigarette lighter in the car - heck I can't even recall if I have a cigarette lighter. :)

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
You can ground it just about anywhere there's a bolt going into the body.

Sponsored

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I read that the are illegal in Switzerland
Well not exactly, I am considering buying one but not especially for insurance purposes more for leisure. The Swiss government advises not to mount them because of privacy rights (usually because people get filmed and do not know it and cannot put forward their right for privacy) but they do not ban them. As such if you have an accident your insurance might use it or not and if it goes further in legal cases for example, the judge decides if the footage is valid as proof or not.

But tricky matter anyway.

tweekdout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 6m
OP
OP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Cellink Battery B install

OP here.

I just took delivery of a Cellink Battery B. It is used to power the camera when the car is not running. I feel this is a much better solution than the power magic plus, as there is no drain on the car battery when the engine is off.

The install was dead simple and the package even included two add-a-fuse units. I think the add a fuse is a must for this install and the power wire from the battery is too think to wrap around a fuse.

First, a picture of the package content for the battery b.

One of the add-a-fuse units that was included. Also included were two 10 amp fuses.

First thing I needed to do was get into the fuse panel and remove my power magic plus.

Then it was time to connect the ground for the cellink b. See my first post for the location I used for the ground. Pro Tip: put a pillow in the leg well to make things more comfortable on your back. Also, 8mm socket, with 6 inch extension make getting at the ground bolt much easier.

It is more of a pain this time as there is a full loop at the end of the ground wire, so you need to remove the ground screw completely to attach it.

Once the ground was attached, time to connect the power from the battery b to the add-a-fuse.

Note, some add-a-fuse kits will supply power to the accessory item even without a fuse in the corresponding slot. This unit required the fuse for the power. So you end up with two fuses plugged into the unit and the unit itself plugs into the fuse panel.

The unit requires an accessory fuse (no power when car is off), so I used the same fuse #23 as I was using with the power magic plus.

Plugged everything in for a trial run before completing the install. Worked great. The unit beeps once to let you know it is charging (only charges while the car is running). Once you shut the engine off and exit the car, it will beep twice to let you know the battery is doing its thing.

The battery is too big to tuck in behind the fuse panel. I ended up putting it in the glove box. Easy to run the wires into the box.

And the final install. I may look at trying to clean things up a bit by running the wires along the right side of the battery, but is good enough for now.

Apparently it take about 1 hour 20 minutes to full charge the battery and fully charged will last about 20 hours with a dual cam setup.
Sponsored