OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang gt kona blue
Air in the rail noise has not went away, I threw a set of injectors in and the hp fuel line thinking its either unmetered air from a seal or something else. I have uploaded another clip of a weird reaction of the car when removing the fuel rail... any ideas?

Edit: just added what noise is made at idle that has me concerned. Please no "thats normal" cause it's not 😂🫡
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Also before I forget, they didn't look horrible but here's the injectors. They all look about the same, i kept the old ones as well as the old spark plugs and coil packs to do some testing on them one day and see if the parts cannon hasnt reloaded. Note I got a 2023 long block and they threw all the old sensors, injectors, coilpacks, and luckily for me I blew up the intake manifold so I needed a new one or else they would've given that one back too.
20231026_154844.jpg
20231026_154834.jpg
20231026_154838.jpg

OP
OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Vcm scanner pt 2. I set some new variables and just out of curiosity and sanities sake I decided to add the evap purge vapor pressure reading and lo and behold!

20231027_184412.jpg

The idle dips I notice are happening at the exact time frame the sensor goes from -32,000 kpa to 32,000 kpa. Fuel trims are much different with the injectors and I checked the intake boot at the throttle body to ensure proper adhesion. I plan on getting a new purge valve from the dealer tomorrow and will test again and see what happens. I tried feeling the valve with the line off and didn't feel vacuum so was uncertain about this variable.

I tried ford performance holtline about this air in fuel rail issue and they've never heard of it so I guess this is a unique one. No other mustangs I know have this many issues but the paint is so pretty.

OP
OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the dealers getting the car...
Had the see manual wrench pop up this morning and the car was in limp mode...
Needed to push my car into the spot because it wouldn't go into reverse. Hopefully they fix whatever this is.
IMG_20231030_152130_01.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the dealers getting the car...
Had the see manual wrench pop up this morning and the car was in limp mode...
Needed to push my car into the spot because it wouldn't go into reverse. Hopefully they fix whatever this is.
IMG_20231030_152130_01.jpg
Seems the issues of reverse was the valve body, will post the tech documents later as well as the evap reading. I purchased a replacement evap purge valve and installed after the car warmed up and already noticed a different tone to the car. Low end doesn't bog nearly as much as it did prior to all these top end goodies. The fuel trim issue I was noticing was from the injectors. Idle surge every few seconds or so was injectors. Fuel rail noise not present after evap purge valve replacement. Note the purge valve did not fail the vacuum test with KOER so it was inconclusive until replacement changed operations. Thank you all for the time putting heads together. The dealer tried not warranting the transmission work and it would've been another month to get them to look at the evap purge valve so I diagnosed and replaced myself. This may have something to do with it

Rally4Vets 10-2-23-63.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Seems the issues of reverse was the valve body, will post the tech documents later as well as the evap reading. I purchased a replacement evap purge valve and installed after the car warmed up and already noticed a different tone to the car. Low end doesn't bog nearly as much as it did prior to all these top end goodies. The fuel trim issue I was noticing was from the injectors. Idle surge every few seconds or so was injectors. Fuel rail noise not present after evap purge valve replacement. Note the purge valve did not fail the vacuum test with KOER so it was inconclusive until replacement changed operations. Thank you all for the time putting heads together. The dealer tried not warranting the transmission work and it would've been another month to get them to look at the evap purge valve so I diagnosed and replaced myself. This may have something to do with it

Rally4Vets 10-2-23-63.jpg
So the new evap purge valve did not correct the 32k kpa to -32k kpa evap system pressure reading... at idle evap purge percentage slowly increases with evap purge leading the commanded evap purge pressure. Can someone do a log of theirs and watch these values and see if this is normal operation? I can't find much on the evap systems especially for the coyote motor.

OP
OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
And here's the notes from the trans work
20231201_121302.jpg

the evap purge valve has changed cold starts and hot starts. It used to make a little noise like predetonation when cranking which I can only assume is gas fumes in the intake. What confuses me is why there's a passenger side bias to that. 🤷‍♂️ she gets going better than I've ever felt.

OP
OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Update:

Issues have persisted (weird sounding cold starts, lazy hot starts, air in fuel rail noise intermittent but mostly present with a p0430 code). When the car goes to -32k kpa the evap purge percentage goes from high percentage all the way to zero. When it goes back positive is when evap purge resumes. I was coasting at 50 mph light but constant throttle application (10.2-11%). Another instance is coasting down to a stop, same instance with the negative positive swap. Weird fluctuations of fuel trims almost exclusively negative. I've gotten a new drivers side cat from a tsb, and brand new o2 sensors from Ford. I still have a p0430 that is intermittent. The car drives good but sounds broken up in the WOT pulls. I cannot tell if it's the DI injectors leaking fuel or if it's combustible air from the evap system. The intake cam is always 20° when exhaust is 0°. They do equalize upon acceleration but go back to 20° \0° when at a stop again. I have different marks on the road on cold starts, and the check engine light comes on more frequently when I remote start the car. The pump has sounded like it has air when hitting the door handle and starting cold from inside the car. Pics to help paint for yall.

1000005868.jpg
1000005869.jpg
1000005839.jpg

OP
OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
This is starting to bug me and I don't want to lose the engine. Can someone read their car and see what evap system vapor pressure reads? Or some recommendation on where else to look to get an answer for this.

OP
OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Update:
A month left in warranty, dealers replacing the passenger side cat likely due to a tsb for the intermittent p0430. They're also doing both exhaust manifold gaskets.

This makes some sense as it sounds really loud and farty at cold starts sometimes, and sometimes almost sounds like it's struggling to get up to idle rpm. I'll post back next week when I get the car back confirming if it is fixed or not.

OP
OP

Lunas Destiny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Update:
A month left in warranty, dealers replacing the passenger side cat likely due to a tsb for the intermittent p0430. They're also doing both exhaust manifold gaskets.

This makes some sense as it sounds really loud and farty at cold starts sometimes, and sometimes almost sounds like it's struggling to get up to idle rpm. I'll post back next week when I get the car back confirming if it is fixed or not.
Here's the TSB info for reference
Sponsored

Attachments