Unleashed Tuning

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
Torrie, everything I've seen on the downpipe install seems to be for off-road downpipes only. You only stock the non-catted pipe for the Ecoboost. Should I be concerned getting an off-road dp if I'm using my Ecoboost as a daily driver? I'm seriously close to switching over from Cobb, and wanted to get your thoughts.

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
Torrie, everything I've seen on the downpipe install seems to be for off-road downpipes only. You only stock the non-catted pipe for the Ecoboost. Should I be concerned getting an off-road dp if I'm using my Ecoboost as a daily driver? I'm seriously close to switching over from Cobb, and wanted to get your thoughts.
Sorry I did not see this until now, I can have a Catted DP built if needed it would cost additional and take about a week to make.

Sponsored

ATLDesigns550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
craigbrimanson.myportfolio.com
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost
Torrie, I don't remember this question being asked but at what temp should we switch to your winter tune? And would it make a difference if we keep it on the summer tune through the year? I'm in GA and the avg temp in the winter is around 40/50 degrees.

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
You may not need to use it where you are, I would just watch FRP and it it stays stable you are good. Otherwise I would estimate 40-50 degrees.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
You may not need to use it where you are, I would just watch FRP and it it stays stable you are good. Otherwise I would estimate 40-50 degrees.
Dumb question of the day... where/what is FRP?

Did you send instructions with the winter tune? And what happens if we run the summer tune during the winter?

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
Fuel pressure.

If you have fuel pressure degradation due to cold air at WOT you could have potential engine damage occur.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Okay... can you please explain further?

What temps should we change over to winter?

How do we check the fuel pressure, exactly?

Are there issues if you run the winter tune during the summer?

Bit surprised this was not explained more upon purchase. Or at least, I don't remember seeing instructions/explanations.

Sponsored

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
If you want to be safe 50 degrees.
You can monitor it through datalogging with your programmer.
No

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Considering its been below 50 degrees here, not very happy to have this sprung on me without warning.

You REALLY need to explain this in the email you send to people.

Going over the emails I had at purchase, I had to ask you the difference between the winter and summer and you simply said "the winter file is more conservative for cold weather".

Never an indication I can cause engine damage running the summer below 50 degrees.

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
Also you tell us we can monitor it in the SCT but you don't mention what exactly to monitor.

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
I have configuration files I can send out for use all you have to do is email me

tmcphail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 RS3 Roush Mustang
Considering its been below 50 degrees here, not very happy to have this sprung on me without warning.

You REALLY need to explain this in the email you send to people.

Going over the emails I had at purchase, I had to ask you the difference between the winter and summer and you simply said "the winter file is more conservative for cold weather".

Never an indication I can cause engine damage running the summer below 50 degrees.
Its not imminent. That was a safety procedure put in place after engines starting coming apart last winter as a safer version to run in cold weather. If you are unsure log and submit.
Sponsored