BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I've been perusing the 'net on the VP Street Blaze 100 unleaded fuel and the Sunoco Super Sport 100 unleaded fuel. Will there be a noticeable increase in power "over" E85 using one of these two? Out here in SoCal the stuff goes for $8-$$9 a gal.

I ordered a set of catless LTHs so destroying the stock cats won't be a concern...there are places out in my area that sell this stuff straight from the pump. In fact one place is 10 minutes away but I would need a CFN account to get it ( Commercial Fueling Network).
Sponsored

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
I've been perusing the 'net on the VP Street Blaze 100 unleaded fuel and the Sunoco Super Sport 100 unleaded fuel. Will there be a noticeable increase in power "over" E85 using one of these two? Out here in SoCal the stuff goes for $8-$$9 a gal.

I ordered a set of catless LTHs so destroying the stock cats won't be a concern...there are places out in my area that sell this stuff straight from the pump. In fact one place is 10 minutes away but I would need a CFN account to get it ( Commercial Fueling Network).
No gain with 100 octane gasoline over e85 .my car holds 31.50 degrees advance to 8k with pump e85 , and only 29.80 with MS109 .

OP
OP
BluByeU

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guess E85 is as good as they say it is...

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Its also as cheap as it comes too. It really is hard to beat and when you do your pocket book feels it in a major way.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
Its also as cheap as it comes too. It really is hard to beat and when you do your pocket book feels it in a major way.
I used to run sunoco pump SS100 in my V12TT CL65 . 200.00 fill ups suck . With this car and the e85 it's about 28.00 :headbang:

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I used to run sunoco pump SS100 in my V12TT CL65 . 200.00 fill ups suck . With this car and the e85 it's about 28.00 :headbang:
Yeah id switch to alcohol (methanol) at those prices. :lol: i havent used gas like that since 07ish. Been using e85 since 07. Contemplated alcohol a few times though

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
e85 is a little better than the ms109, and much cheaper

what your spending on fuel, pickup one of our level 1 fuel systems, and done!

thats if power adder, if n/a , then stock system is fine

OP
OP
BluByeU

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
Thnx for the input guys...was wondering if there would be a significant jump in h/p when I make those runs to Mexico. Now I see its not cost effective nor would provide any extra power.

Guess its time to start removing weight from the car.

A.Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
I've got a question about E85. If you are N/A, the stock fuel system can handle e85 no problem? It's not harsher on gaskets or anything else? Obviously I'm speaking as if there was a flex fuel tune in the car. And the flex fuel tune doesn't care how much of each octane is in the car? Mixing fuels is ok for the system like that? Excuse the questions as I'm pretty new to e85.

OP
OP
BluByeU

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
Yes your stock fuel system can handle the E85 on a N/A set-up...it's when you change your Intake Manifold to say something like a GT 350, Boss, or CJ IM that you wanna go with larger injectors. I've been running corn for close to a year and no issues w/the gaskets. The start-up stumbles when the engine is cold or it's been sitting for a couple of days or more but other than that no annoying issues that comes w/running the corn.

With the Flex Fuel tune you can run 91 or 93, depending on what's in your area mixed with the E85, but to get the best bang running straight corn is the way to go. You can feel the difference after filling up with E85 after running reg unleaded.

Unlike the corn we consume as humans which has no nutritional value - corn for the coyote is awesome :lol:
Sponsored