Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have the universal garage door opener on my 2013 V6 Premium. And it doesn't work unless I'm right up on the garage door. Is there a battery that needs replaced? Or do I need to take it to the dealer?

Admins:
If I placed in the wrong category please move :)
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
No it's tied to the car battery.
Some of those openers are just weak.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
try pairing it again, my car had some issues with the opener a few days before, it just won't work sometimes even if I'm inside the garage, other times it works flawlessly 30 feet away. So I re-paired it and it's been working fine now.

15 Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertable
You may also want to consider extending the antenna on the opener. Just add a length of wire to the existing one.

Dave

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Been having that same problem myself. Will try the re pairing it.
Yes and no.
Antennas have specific frequency length. If you make it too long or too short, it will reduce sensitivity than increasing it.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
try pairing it again, my car had some issues with the opener a few days before, it just won't work sometimes even if I'm inside the garage, other times it works flawlessly 30 feet away. So I re-paired it and it's been working fine now.
Some opener uses rolling code so if the homelink didnt get all the codes it might not open.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have also heard that if the user has LED bulbs installed in the garage door opener, some Brands experience cross interference caused by the LED bulbs and signals of door opener and transmitter.

Now, I also have LED bulbs installed into my garage door opener.

I know for a fact with our Chamberlin unit, if I open the door initially by switch pad inside of garage, then step into the sensor eye beams, get into car and back out - sometimes I cannot get the door to close and it takes multiple attempts. Based on what I read online via googling, apparently by crossing into the eye beam before backing out trips the sensors and causes some sort of delay with a transmitter “close”.

When I first come home, I can get the door to open every single time on the first try...
Sponsored