Sponsored

Unhappy with the way your Ecoboost sounds?

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Everything is correct except the length of the resonator is too long. it go into the bend section of the MBRP mid pipe. The only way I see that would make this fit is shorten the DP.
Sponsored

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Everything is correct except the length of the resonator is too long. it go into the bend section of the MBRP mid pipe. The only way I see that would make this fit is shorten the DP.
I don't understand how when the vehicle that they tested it on in this thread had an mbrp street catback. The downpipe Flange should be in the same location no matter which downpipe you get, so you should be dealing with the same exact setup.

My Mishimoto Downpipe and mbrp race cat back come in this week. I'll confirm if there's a problem but i highly doubt there is. I've been mapping this out for a couple months.

Sound clip?
Ill make a High quality vid once I get it all on. I plan to have it installed by monday next week. I have an actual boom mic and camera so it will give you an actual representation of how it sounds in real life as opposed to hearing all these cellphone clips.

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
That was exactly what I thought too But when I look back at their photos and compare it to mine. It is not the same at tge DP end.

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
That was exactly what I thought too But when I look back at their photos and compare it to mine. It is not the same at tge DP end.
My apologies you are right. But you should still be fine because as a backup precaution i was going to trim the inlet/outlet in the resonator preferably the side thats going to the vband clamp to make it fit. Im just going to lay the whole turboback exhaust on the floor connected and mark where i need to cut the resonator and let them know when i go to get it installed at the exhaust shop. Ill let you know how it goes but I'm pretty sure its still doable cause it can't be more than 2" off from the atp downpipe.

Ill probably cut like 1 1/2" - 2" on the flange side and 1" on the clamp side if i have to. Another option is to do a vband on the other side as well to free up a couple inches before the bend. <=== This was my first choice.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I have the mbrp street and I had to cut about 5 inches off my full-race dp and about an inch off the back of the resonator and it JUST fits in there now. Also needed to use smaller clamps because there's just no room for band clamps.

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I have the mbrp street and I had to cut about 5 inches off my full-race dp and about an inch off the back of the resonator and it JUST fits in there now. Also needed to use smaller clamps because there's just no room for band clamps.
I think I found a solution for me. Ill cut my Mishimoto DP and use This clamp to rejoin it without taking to a welder.
Sponsored

Last edited: