Sponsored

Under hood surprise....

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
Yeah this was brought up in a dealership video posted by someone. When your hood frosts over,you start your car, it should show the shape of the mustang on the hood when the frost melts from engine heat

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I'm curious how it will look on the hood, and what the atmospheric conditions have to be to make it happen. I'll be looking for it that's for sure.

GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V-6
Was thinking of taking mine off when I get it. Is it much louder? Any other issues keeping it off?

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Was thinking of taking mine off when I get it. Is it much louder? Any other issues keeping it off?
The underhood insulator serves two purposes:

1. Reduce NVH

2. Fire blanket in case of engine fire

Sponsored

2yankeesoldiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
No issues leaving it off. back when I cut my hood to install the Shaker-hood system, I never reinstalled the cover.
Didn't really notice any noise increase, but that may have been over shadowed by the removal of the cats and addition of cams. But hey! I like'em loud.
Kinda of a man connected to machine type feel.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
does anyone have a pict from the underside of the hood vents and how hard they would be to take off? i was thinking about painting them but not sure what i would have to go thru to remove them....or just put vinyl over them on top....any picts would help.

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
I have to say.. this is very very cool.

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
does anyone have a pict from the underside of the hood vents and how hard they would be to take off? i was thinking about painting them but not sure what i would have to go thru to remove them....or just put vinyl over them on top....any picts would help.
I didn't get that in the picture but I can tell you that in that case I am disappointed. Getting the vents off won't be a big deal the big deal is that the hood is not cutout for anything bigger than the stock vent. If someone made a nice multi vent replacement you would have to cut your hood to make it functional, a bummer. I'd be willing to do that but a low of people wont. :tsk:

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Yeah this was brought up in a dealership video posted by someone. When your hood frosts over,you start your car, it should show the shape of the mustang on the hood when the frost melts from engine heat
Pretty Cool! I wonder how much that little goody adds to the per unit price?

Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Probably nothing since it's likely built into the die that is stamping that hood skin anyway.
I agree, the initial die design probably the only extra cost.

MikeSVTGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GTCS, 2015 LE #399
Guess I will never see it ...... my mustangs are kept in a garage .... lol

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I just have to add - the insulator protects the paint on the hood as well...its not just about sound deadening.

The direct heat will reek havoc on your paint if it is removed - especially down in the south in the summer.