Twister Orange for MSRP...

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So why don't they make this intention clear when contacted about the car?
I wrote about a month ago about very few dealers showing clear intentions up front. Very few do. I contacted close to 100 dealers and maybe 10% were upfront from the start. About 50% took a couple emails to get real info. Salespersons don't talk to manager and I came to the conclusion they want your contact info to get to buy a GT or 350.
A few long time members here don't think dealers owe us anything and can do what they like. It think they confuse ADMs with clear intentions request.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
When I bought my '09 GT500 I asked to speak directly to the general manager. We sat down in his office and hammered out an agreement as I told him I wasn't there to waste his time and had cash for the car to buy immediately. Having worked in dealership F&I I can tell you that if you can narrow down the number of people you have to go through to get an answer you'll waste far less time and minimize frustration. Difficult to do on the phone but certainly within the realm if you visit a given dealership in person. My question above was a bit rhetorical and more to the point about how things can get when you aren't in direct contact with the person that ultimately makes the decision at the dealership.

I was lucky on my '20 GT500 to have dealt directly with the owner of the dealership. I couldn't have asked for a more user-friendly dealer than Chuck Anderson Ford in Excelsior Springs, MO. My suggestion to you guys is to call and ask to speak to Nick and to see if he can put you on a list as he reaches out to other dealers to pick up their allocations and is entirely reasonable.

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R