Sponsored

Turn off seatbelt chime with no modifications!!!

OP
OP
ryan_meadows412

ryan_meadows412

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
I've tried this procedure on my '18 and it seemed to work once or twice, but then it went back to behaving "normally." Every time I start the car it still chimes at me. (I wear my seatbelt but I usually don't buckle it until after I start the car and am ready to drive.)
Idk man, that's odd. What I can say is if you do it again, it turns it back on. So what you might have done is accomplished it once with the drivers side and the passenger started going off so you did it again but turned the driver side back on. You need to do it to each side for it to turn off completely.. if that makes sense. PM me if you have any questions
Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
This fix works until you change out the battery and reset the system. :-)

15 Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertable
This fix works until you change out the battery and reset the system. :-)
I needed to disconnect my battery to perform some maintenance and my chime/light setting didn't change after the delete process was performed.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I needed to disconnect my battery to perform some maintenance and my chime/light setting didn't change after the delete process was performed.
Glad to hear this for the Mustang. This is not the case for my older Explorer, and I assumed this would be the case for other Ford products. I did this chime fix on my 17GT with Forscan.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
The only chime that annoys me is the 5 chimes that happen when you open the door with the engine running. I have to get out of my car 5 times every morning at work and this chime bugs the sh!t out of me.

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
The only chime that annoys me is the 5 chimes that happen when you open the door with the engine running. I have to get out of my car 5 times every morning at work and this chime bugs the sh!t out of me.
I fixed this with forscan. Was highly irritating.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Worked great. One less annoyance. Need to do the forscan thing one day to eliminate a couple others.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
So I figured I would share this for those who dont know. You're able to turn off the seatbelt chime with no modifications by simply plugging in your seatbelt and unplugging it. The specific directions for this are actually in the owners manual. I am not sure what models this works for but I have a 2018 mustang ecoboost and I know it works in my buddy's 2014 ford f150 so it should work in most if not all 14 and up fords. There are also directions to do this on YouTube and it's super easy, takes 5 minutes to do and does not require you to buy anything! Hope this info helps someone!
This process (or one very similar to it to do this) has been on Fords and notated in their owners manuals for years. I have the chime shut off on my 99 F150.

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Or when driving on the beach.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Whole thread, and not one person with instructions..?
Here you go.

1.) Unlock car door.
2.) get in car.
3.) open glove compartment.
4.) pull out owners manual.
5.) turn to section on safety restraints.
6.) Follow procedure.
7.) verify procedure was followed.
8.) If procedure worked go to step nine. If procedure failed goto step 5.
9.) Place owners manual back in glove compartment.
10.) Close glove compartment.
11.) Get out of car.
12.) Lock door.
13.) Feel good that you successfully disabled the chime tone through what is a very cumbersome procedure.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Here you go.

1.) Unlock car door.
2.) get in car.
3.) open glove compartment.
4.) pull out owners manual.
5.) turn to section on safety restraints.
6.) Follow procedure.
7.) verify procedure was followed.
8.) If procedure worked go to step nine. If procedure failed goto step 5.
9.) Place owners manual back in glove compartment.
10.) Close glove compartment.
11.) Get out of car.
12.) Lock door.
13.) Feel good that you successfully disabled the chime tone through what is a very cumbersome procedure.

Yeah, that is not helpful at all and quite mocking. Almost like this whole thread, which doesn't produce any knowledge or info… other than title. So I will provide information because why spread ignorance...:

Before following the procedure, make sure that:
• You set the parking brake.
• You put the transmission in park (P) (automatic transmission) or neutral (N) (manual transmission).
• You switch the ignition off.
• You unbuckle the driver and front passenger seatbelts.

1. Switch the ignition on. Do not start the vehicle.

2. Wait until the seatbelt warning light turns off (about one minute). After Step 2, wait an additional 5 seconds before proceeding with Step 3. Once you start Step 3, you must complete the procedure within 30 seconds.

3. For the seating position you are switching off, buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt three times at a moderate speed, ending in the unbuckled state. After Step 3, the seatbelt warning light turns on.

4. While the seatbelt warning light is on, buckle and then unbuckle the seatbelt. After Step 4, the seatbelt warning light flashes for confirmation. • This will switch the feature off for that seating position if it is currently on. • This will switch the feature on for that seating position if it is currently off.

I don't own a Mustang, but that^ information/instruction is strait form the 2018 PDF. OP should've included this.
Sponsored