Sponsored

Tune, but only really love it in SPORT modes?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Just curious, I absolutely love my Steeda tune in SPORT and TRACK modes, but in regular drive it is fine until I push it...and then the shifts have extra hang time if that makes sense, when I'm at heavy throttle. Daily driving without flooring it is not an issue, just spur of the moment needing to step on it and those shifts being weak and slow in standard mode.

Even just throwing it into SPORT mode and not dialing in anything further, it is fantastic and very predictable with a real authority about it.

I'm just wishing even in standard mode it would shift more firm when pushed, but not willing to go back to the BAMA tune which by comparison just gets it all wrong in either mode (live and learn).
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
O.k.??

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
So the gist of my post is curious if others experience tunes rockin' out in one regard, but not being optimum in another mode. Input is welcome, but taking the time to give input by not giving input totally up to you.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Have you contacted Steeda about having the shifting tweaked in normal mode or is the Steeda tune a canned tune?
Yes, no real input yet. Not a canned tune, based on existing mods etc.

It's a shift issue under that one, particular circumstance which is slow and soft.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
I have a steeda tune and to get any decent performance out of the car in city driving i have to use sport mode. it shifts way to early under anything less than full throttle and shifts very rough under low to mid throttle. im pretty much stuck using the paddle shifters in S mode all the time as the engine braking gets old fast.

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I have a Steeda Tune (Euro Mustang) and Normal mode is just fine.
I also bought a Lund tune, also very nice, but Steeda gives noticeably more torque at low RPM.

Here's my Dyno results after steeda tune.

2818oyp.jpg

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I also bought a Lund tune, also very nice, but Steeda gives noticeably more torque at low RPM.

2818oyp.jpg
That is a dramatic increase in low end grunt, and area under the curve. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)

2818oyp.jpg
Very nice. Again I love the tune, even in normal mode it is fine but it's only when I hit hard throttle in normal mode that the shifts are long and soft.

It literally blows my Bama tune out of the water in every regard, in fact the Bama issue was the opposite in that daily driving was a pain as the shifts were far too early and it was annoyingly jerky when I did not want it to be.

So when you hit normal mode with heavy throttle, say a regular passing situation, are the shifts noticeably soft?

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Very nice. Again I love the tune, even in normal mode it is fine but it's only when I hit hard throttle in normal mode that the shifts are long and soft.

It literally blows my Bama tune out of the water in every regard, in fact the Bama issue was the opposite in that daily driving was a pain as the shifts were far too early and it was annoyingly jerky when I did not want it to be.

So when you hit normal mode with heavy throttle, say a regular passing situation, are the shifts noticeably soft?
Mine is a manual, soft shifts depend mainly on driver's skill :)

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
I have a tune + custom tune and I always run in Sport mode.

Also, it is my understanding that an auto transmission tune is fully separate from an engine tune.

https://adamtuned.myshopify.com/col...ng-tuning/products/transmission-tuning-add-on
I think that is just an extra charge to use your tuner. My understanding is that everyone else provides a transmission tune with the normal tune. This tuner even provides a transmission tune:

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631123

â—Ź Rev, Top Speed Limiters and Shifting Characteristics- By dialing in the optimal RPM range and pressures for your transmission to shift at we are extending the life of those components. We also take this opportunity to revise your top speed limiter. These modifications are made to make sure that you are able to have a long-lasting and fun life with your vehicle.
Sponsored