Sponsored

TSB printout for squealing brakes ...

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a repost, but if anybody needs it, here is the TSB concerning the brake noise on slow, sharp turns; just print it and bring it to your Ford dealer - new front rotors and pads, covered under warranty :)

a7630288db305698292b3343df663426.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
What is the website for finding out the TSB's? I know there is on for the light switch cover rattling, but can't seem to find it

OP
OP
chadmclark

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What is the website for finding out the TSB's? I know there is on for the light switch cover rattling, but can't seem to find it
Good question! I heisted this from another stang forum's post. I tried everything to find that number but nothing, even on a supposed Ford owner site ... I hope you have better luck, or, find a post like this :)

Cheers!

OP
OP
chadmclark

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If my car is eligible I might just wait a few thousand miles to redeem this TSB. :)
Yeah, if they actually didn't change the manufacturing of the items and no diff, at least I rolled back the front brake ODO by 10.5k miles ;)

Sponsored

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
Here 'tis

SSM 45189 - 2015 Mustang Headlamp Switch Bezel Buzz Or Tick Noise Built On Or Before 4/30/2015

Some 2015 Mustang vehicles may exhibit a buzz or tick noise from the headlamp switch bezel while driving. To address this concern add a 10mm (3/8") x 60mm (2 3/8") piece flocking tape (164-4903) from the Rotunda Squeak and Rattle Kit (164-4900) to the headlamp switch bezel right side edge. Remove the headlamp switch bezel and add the tape to the right side edge folding the tape over the edge at the center of the edge. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), section 417-01 Headlamp Switch Removal and Installation for procedure on bezel removal and installation. Use applicable service labor operations in Section 11 of SLTS manual

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I've had a lot of Brembo's on cars in my history and they all Squeak... its kinda the thing about them. This is kinda something you just get with Brembo's.

natea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Oxford White
It's not just a "squeak" it's a loud piercing noise. Definitely not normal.

Sponsored

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have the brembos and the squeal, but I also have the grinding noise that happens only on rare occasions. I have not been able to duplicate it either.

I have an appointment coming up when some parts that were ordered come in to replace the driver door card from a manufacturer defect.

I also have an issue with the emergency brake not fully retracting. The light stays illuminated on the dash and I have to press down on the emergency brake handle in order for the light to go out. If I lift my hand off the handle, it is a 50/50 shot of the handle staying low enough not to trigger the light on the dash. I'm sure it is just an adjustment on the brake cable so I'm not expecting anything major. Service rep says it is all covered under warranty.

OP
OP
chadmclark

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
And this TSB is not for the Brembos, its the 4 piston ones :)

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
And this TSB is not for the Brembos, its the 4 piston ones :)

Yeah i was just going to say...dont we have the 6 pistons!? Was not about to go in for a downgrade!

Lynx_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP [Oxford White]
Yeah i was just going to say...dont we have the 6 pistons!? Was not about to go in for a downgrade!
I'm going in Friday for my GT with the PP, I bought it on labor day and the brakes have been dragging ever since. They're going to fix them, not sure if it's related to this or not.
Sponsored