Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I bought and installed some LED switchbacks for my lower turn signals and running lights on the front bumper but now it appears the gill lights inside the headlight are a bit different "temperature" which gives it a slightly different color.

What's up with that??:shrug: Do I have to change the gill LED's now?
Sponsored

Branman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yeah that's what has been holding me back from switching. All the leds I've seen don't match the factory DRLs. That would drive me crazy.

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I asked DD if their DRL boards would fix this and they said yes.

Branman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I would rather find a led bulb that matches instead of taking the headlights apart to just match led bulbs.

Sponsored

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I'll be honest the DRL boards are worth it, they include a sequential turn signals, and while you have those bad boys popped open you can paint the housing black for a more aggressive look all the while temp matching. Sure it's pricey but well worth it if you ask me, dramatically changes the front end.

Here's what the blackout housing looks like.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
^^

haven't really paid attention to who does that work, but I would totally pay for a set of headlights already done exactly like above.

mfelix15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
NICE!! i would like to see more pictures of the full car once you have them on...please lol it looks bad ass i can just imagine all together

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I would rather find a led bulb that matches instead of taking the headlights apart to just match led bulbs.
The problem with getting the other bulbs to match the gills is, the gills are a much higher temperature. I want to say they are like 7K if memory serves, I could be wrong. Going 7k in the others will reduce the lighting significantly and then where do you stop? You don't want 7k headlights. I had the same issue and then decided to just get over that. I tried to standardize on all 5k with the exception of the gills and am happy with that.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I'll be honest the DRL boards are worth it, they include a sequential turn signals, and while you have those bad boys popped open you can paint the housing black for a more aggressive look all the while temp matching. Sure it's pricey but well worth it if you ask me, dramatically changes the front end.

Here's what the blackout housing looks like.
I love those blacked out housings! I would definitely go that route if I didn't have the worry about them sealing. I've done that a while ago on a different platform and after multiple attempts never could get the headlights to seal all the way. I always had condensation in the headlights and regretted ever doing anything with it.
Sponsored