Sponsored

Trunk Swap Questions

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Have someone with a 2015 Race Red w/oem spoiler that wants to swap trunks with my '16 Race Red (PP). He wants to get a Roush wing in which it mounts onto the back and will not cover up the OEM spoiler holes.

-Is there a VIN number stamped on my trunk? The only number I saw was an 8 digit random number not related to my VIN
-Since his is a 2015 and mine is a 2016, will there be any variance in paint recipes? Both cars have been garaged out of the sun.
-Would there be any fitment issues besides aligning the mounting holes on the hinges?

ABS400A.jpg
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think there should be any big issues with Race but Ruby might be harder to get away with because of metallic flakes. Do a quick comparison before fully mounting to be sure though, should be no mounting issues.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The deeper red (Ruby?) had different base coats/primers - a dark and light variety - so those look different sometimes. And I only assume this because I've seen two ruby cars both owned by detailing freaks next to each other and one looked darker than the other.

The race red seems to be consistent.

yiweno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
My friend and I did the same. I gave him my trunk with OEM spoiler and he gave me his without a spoiler because I was going to drill new holes for a wing. No filament issues or colour issues. The cars were metallic grey.
Sponsored