Sponsored

Truly a heartbreaking moment, not a joke

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
So I spent the last two hours taking the exhaust and cold air intake and weather tech mats out of my 2015 Ruby red mustang GT premium Scarlett. I didn't do a ton of mods or anything to her, but she was my reward for my injuries in Afghanistan (OEF9-10). She was bought when my VA disability claim went through, claims for things that physically cannot heal, and some mentally.

I bought the car to pay a small amount of homage (I could never pay enough without losing life) and respect to people I loved and lost, and people I saw that had loved ones somewhere lose their lives, physical, and mental health. It was my attempt to pay a small amount of tribute to the many missed birthdays and anniversaries, the missed births, the marriages ravaged by separation and change a loved one at home could almost never understand. I felt like I was trying to bring a little fun and joy (in my mind) out of every full throttle dash, every sharp corner, or every rev of the engine at a red light, to the ones who can no longer enjoy these simple little pleasures. And to all the Ford haters, every time I stalled the car, hit a turn wrong, took off like a jackass, or even the octane 87 I know the cheap ass salesmen put in the car when I drove her away with 14 miles on her, those were all for those who can't in person to laugh at me over.

I could not do the quality issues I had with my Mustang. I was too emotionally vested in the car from day one to be able to own her after she'd been taken apart to fix body panel alignment issues, and them still not be fixed, doors, hood, trunk, front and back bumpers. I couldn't own her knowing the dash needed replaced because of loose and badly bubbling leather. I couldn't keep it and not be bothered crazy over the loose loose leather on both seats. To me it felt like a dishonor. Like a scuff on a case holdingsomeone's burial flag.
It was too much. I tried so hard to let Ford do right, many times, but they failed to do so. Corporate let me down. I'm not saying they spit at dead soldiers of course, but to me they deeply dropped what I expected of my Mustang. I didn't expect perfection, or no glitches. But I did expect my warranty sheet to not be peppered with issues at 700 miles.

I know these are all first world problems, and that I'm being melodramatic, but that's what the Mustang was supposed to be for me. I'm trading her tomorrow for a truck. Same deep red color. That's the least I could do.

I won't be on here much longer, just long enough to sell my aftermarket parts (ARH cat back, Livernois CAI, weathertechs, and Steeda hood struts.
I hope you guys all keep enjoying your badass gorgeous cars. Maybe chirp your tires for your countries flag next time you ride past.

(If someone would be able and nice enough to, I'd love a custom pic of a smoky burnout in front of the U.S. Flag.) can't pay for it but you'd have my gratitude.

Have fun fellas!
Sponsored

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Good luck with the new truck and most of all, thank you for your service and sacrifice.

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
no god god god pleae don't do that, it is very appreciated, but I didnt post this for attention. I did it cause i didnt think anyone in my family would understand the feeling you might have for a vehicle; steel, aluminum and power. I figured this audience would feel for someone parting ways with their hotrod.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Thank you for all you sacrificed. GL with truck. Hopefully it's not a 1st year run as well.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Sorry your Mustang was plagued with issues - others here have similar issues and some have made Ford buy them back or replace them with another new Mustang.

Everyone wants theirs to be "perfect" enough to feel good about. I can understand where you're coming from. It represented freedom and America, but also had a tarnished factor for you. I hope the truck serves you better ... enjoy! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I can't see the body fitment issues when I hit the gas pedal :) beat of luck to ya

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your service!:thumbsup:

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Thanks for your service man, just remember whatever you end up in as long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Thank you or your service sir they better give you one hell of a trade in!

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Best of luck on the new vehicle OP!

I had similar issues with mine too (loose leather, rear qtr panel out of line, rear window distorted). Very disappointing, and soured my purchase experience a little. For the first two months, I was always going back to the dealer and had so many loaner/rental cars my neighbors thought I was a car dealer myself!

Though disappointed, I wasn't too surprised because I had a few similar issues with my 2012 mustang as well. Ford did a decent job of getting the "big stuff" right with these cars (though I bet some will beg to differ), but the QC on the details isn't always on point. Sounds like your car's issues may have been worse too.

In the end, I got past my car's issues but can understand why anyone could not.

Respect.

Sponsored

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
When I recieve My car somewhere near the end of the month, I will lay down smoke for you and Make certain their is a flag proudly waving in the frame.

TenaciousB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why not think of it like this, just like the people you are honoring the mustang is beautiful, powerful, and something to be remembered forever. You shouldn't let the little flaws, person or mustang, distract you from these facts.

Either way good luck with the truck, you deserve it for your sacrifice.
Sponsored