Sponsored

transmission issues?

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
anyone with trans issues? my EB PP auto wont move. waiting on service to pick up the car. 313 miles on it, I dont drive it now as the weather & mustang dont mix in SE michigan at the moment, But i do at least run it.

so I tried to pull it out of the garage & it wouldnt move in drive, so i put it in select shift still nothing, then white smoke & stall. engine started right back up but nothing from the trans.

ill update when i find out anything
Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
anyone with trans issues? my EB PP auto wont move. waiting on service to pick up the car. 313 miles on it, I dont drive it now as the weather & mustang dont mix in SE michigan at the moment, But i do at least run it.

so I tried to pull it out of the garage & it wouldnt move in drive, so i put it in select shift still nothing, then white smoke & stall. engine started right back up but nothing from the trans.

ill update when i find out anything
Could possibly be a seized gearbox due to it not being used for a while in cold weather. When you then came to move it something has let go inside the gearbox :(. Just because you run it now and again doesn't mean you have warmed the gearbox up because this will not get it up to any sort of operating temperature as there will be no moving parts until you select a gear and start moving......

OP
OP

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
i would agree with you "if" it were an extended time, but i'm not talking multi-weeks & even that should not have a seizing issue.

to update though car was flat bedded away, & there was oil on the floor. waiting for service rep to give me a call back

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
i would agree with you "if" it were an extended time, but i'm not talking multi-weeks & even that should not have a seizing issue.

to update though car was flat bedded away, & there was oil on the floor. waiting for service rep to give me a call back
How long are we talking and what temperatures has it been sat in?

Good luck though and hope all is sorted asap and at no cost to you.

OP
OP

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
just got a call from the dealer. not much to say now, just that trans lost all pressure.
the think either pump or converter issue. wont know until they break it down.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
just got a call from the dealer. not much to say now, just that trans lost all pressure.
the think either pump or converter issue. wont know until they break it down.

How much fluid was on the ground? Losing enough fluid would cause pressure loss.

Fwiw, unless you're way way way up north (like north Canada), the trans shouldn't "freeze up". There's no water in the system to cause it to lock up (unless something is very wrong). These cars are tested thoroughly in cold (and hot) temps, and the trans isn't a new design. Trans fluid is designed to work in all temps it could see. If temp was a problem, there would be trans fluid heaters in em for the cold climate cars.

I guess what I'm saying is, the chance that temp was the problem is extremely slim to none. There's a mechanical problem. And, like normal for mechanical equipment, it showed itself early. Let the system work and let ford fix it and it'll be as good as new when you get it back. Only this time, hopefully, without a mechanical defect that will lead to failure.

OP
OP

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
couple oz. on the ground.
the way it went was something like this.
remote started from the house (set on 10 min run time). its been VERY cold, but was a nice sunny day so i thought id just pull it out of the garage just to move it around.
put it in drive & nothing (thought maybe to cold) so I put it in select shift put in 1 nothing 2 nothing 3 "pop" smoke stall. engine started right back up & thats been it

OP
OP

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
news from the dealer:" Ford got in on this one its the 4th one in the country" the trans pump failed. there replacing it as well as the torque converter.

ATLFalconGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Avalanche
news from the dealer:" Ford got in on this one its the 4th one in the country" the trans pump failed. there replacing it as well as the torque converter.
I have a similar problem, my GT was 5 days old before the trans went out. I was driving down the road and my car just stopped going. I was able to get off to the side of the road. The car starts but when you put it into Drive or Reverse it does nothing. After a minute a message pops up saying to check the manual. There were no fluid leaks either. I am hoping the dealership will get to look at it on Monday.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How's your Mustang doing now, jc1804; has your dealer finished the repairs?

I have a similar problem, my GT was 5 days old before the trans went out. I was driving down the road and my car just stopped going. I was able to get off to the side of the road. The car starts but when you put it into Drive or Reverse it does nothing. After a minute a message pops up saying to check the manual. There were no fluid leaks either. I am hoping the dealership will get to look at it on Monday.
Was your dealer able to look at your Mustang this week, justin.landers? Let me know; I'll see how I can best assist.

Rachel

Sponsored

ATLFalconGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Avalanche

Was your dealer able to look at your Mustang this week, justin.landers? Let me know; I'll see how I can best assist.

Rachel
Rachel, Thanks for responding. They have been looking at it all week and it looks like they are going to be replacing the pump and torque converter. Hardy Family Ford in Dallas, GA has been great through this whole process. I just cant wait to get the Mustang back, they said it may be some time next week.

T.DUKES

DRIVER
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP

Rachel
I just got off the phone with Justin, we had to order a converter and a front pump for his car. Hoping parts will be here Friday or Monday so we can get this thing back on the road! :headbang:

-Tyler

OP
OP

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
spoke with service today, not much to say. just its on hold. just think waiting on parts, cant see them just leaving a car in service taking up space.

OP
OP

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
just got mine back this morning. what they told me "found torque converter seized on front pump, found front pump gears cracked". everything else was fine. they inspected for hot spots & damage. flushed & replaced fluid. she's running well once again.

side note, there was a coolant leak they fixed at "turbo charger inlet cooling tube".

folks at Southgate Ford always take care of my concerns

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
just got mine back this morning. what they told me "found torque converter seized on front pump, found front pump gears cracked". everything else was fine. they inspected for hot spots & damage. flushed & replaced fluid. she's running well once again.

side note, there was a coolant leak they fixed at "turbo charger inlet cooling tube".

folks at Southgate Ford always take care of my concerns

Glad they fixed you up.

Unfortunately, mechanical failures of new stuff do happen. Sucks when it happens to you, but at least they fixed it.
Sponsored