Sponsored

Traction during acceleration Setups/Advice/FREE STUFF!

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
Does anyone have input on how well there SC car hooks with sticky auto x tires like re11s, re71rs,ZII etc?

I dont want to give up handling completely for straight line acceleration but that depends on how well the MT ET S/S do around corners. I am not auto crossing the car. I simply want "good" handling out a dr.

At the moment, I have MT Street comps 285/35/19 Front and the rear tire is an unknown. If I take those tires and place them in the front, it would most likely be paired with the MT ET S/S outback.

I have a fresh set of F14s with no rubber and I was thinking that it might be better to go with a sticky auto x tire. this is only if they offer enough grip to rip 1st on 3.73s and 600. If not, then maybe something else?

I want stability going into 2nd during a power shift from first. With MT street comps in the back, I cannot launch the car. I spin 1st and the transition into 2nd along with second unless I peddle it. Third will hook on the street pending good heat on the tire and the road but the confidence is not there.

Suggestions welcome. Pick a prize any prize...

FREEBEE! Factory PP rear axles in perfect shape <5k

ANOTHER FREEBEE! Full factory exhaust for PP GT

ANOTHER FREEBEE! 255/40/19 PZero with nearly all life left

ANOTHER FREEBEE! Factory airbox with K&N Filter NEW

ANOTHER FREEBEE! Factory PP GT Spring set

My goals:

Good grip during 1-2 and transitions with 600+hp
Some rain capability (enough to drive slowly if I'm in it)
Handling (nothing crazy.....enough to take on/off ramps at speed, semi-sharp corner entry without hurting the tires) I'm not tracking the car until I get a good set of coil-overs.

Does anyone have recommendations?

Current options

19x10s with MT street comp 285/35/19 Front and MT ET S/S 305/30/19 Rear

19x10s wrapped in Re-71r on all four 285/35/19 Square

I'm relegating my stockers to winters in the event my other dd has an issue and I need to get out ...otherwise car doesnt see snow.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'll take the K&N Filter :p

I like the NT555 G2 but I haven't seen the lateral skid pad details on them yet. I know Steeda just did a thread on taking them to the track and loving them.

OP
OP
Inigo

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
I'll take the K&N Filter :p

I like the NT555 G2 but I haven't seen the lateral skid pad details on them yet. I know Steeda just did a thread on taking them to the track and loving them.
Hooking 600+ in 1st though? I'm not looking for a dead hook just a the ability to pull a decent 0-100 without spinning my ass off.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Somehow I misread most of this. Straight line? Go with DRs.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Do the RE-71R tires alot of members ive setup here and on other forums use those tires for track events and their winning, one of my camaro guys just won the HDPE event in Nebraska on a 19x10/11 MRR FS01 setup with 285/35/19 RE-71R tires I put together for him.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Inigo

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
Do the RE-71R tires alot of members ive setup here and on other forums use those tires for track events and their winning, one of my camaro guys just won the HDPE event in Nebraska on a 19x10/11 MRR FS01 setup with 285/35/19 RE-71R tires I put together for him.
I guess the question is will they hook 600+ horse power? Is there grip moving forward good enough for high horse power application in low gears?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
I guess the question is will they hook 600+ horse power? Is there grip moving forward good enough for high horse power application in low gears?
at 600+ there arent many tires that will grip if you launch hard they will spin, but I have been impressed with how stickey these RE-71R tires are they have impressed me and everyone that has used them.

OP
OP
Inigo

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
at 600+ there arent many tires that will grip if you launch hard they will spin, but I have been impressed with how stickey these RE-71R tires are they have impressed me and everyone that has used them.
Can you pm me cost? BTW thanks for the wheels! They are really nice. I look forward to getting them on.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Can you pm me cost? BTW thanks for the wheels! They are really nice. I look forward to getting them on.
you got it brotha
Sponsored