Traction Control Button not working

Mitch94jm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
New to mustangs as I've just bought a 2016 Mustang GT base model. I read a few posts about people having an issue with their traction control button not working. Mine doesn’t work, no matter how much/long I press the button. However, I was using an Autel to try and find source of problem with rough idle (suspect VVT solenoid) and after reading codes while the engine was running my traction control button worked. After shutting engine off and back on it no longer worked. Out of curiosity I tried it again and read codes while engine was running, radio/climate lights went out, horn honked its self, lights came back on and my trunk opened (I’m guessing the engine wasn’t supposed to be running during the scan). But the button worked again, until I turned the car off. Makes no sense to me. No ABS light or any lights on dash for that matter and no codes.
2016 Mustang GT Base Model
No mods, other than muffler delete (that I know of, I just bought the car used)

Any ideas?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
New to mustangs as I've just bought a 2016 Mustang GT base model. I read a few posts about people having an issue with their traction control button not working. Mine doesn’t work, no matter how much/long I press the button. However, I was using an Autel to try and find source of problem with rough idle (suspect VVT solenoid) and after reading codes while the engine was running my traction control button worked. After shutting engine off and back on it no longer worked. Out of curiosity I tried it again and read codes while engine was running, radio/climate lights went out, horn honked its self, lights came back on and my trunk opened (I’m guessing the engine wasn’t supposed to be running during the scan). But the button worked again, until I turned the car off. Makes no sense to me. No ABS light or any lights on dash for that matter and no codes.
2016 Mustang GT Base Model
No mods, other than muffler delete (that I know of, I just bought the car used)

Any ideas?
Check the harness under the air box:
- The small harness at the air box which may also be an issue if it has become disconnected or wobbled loose will also throw an AdvanceTrac error... part is pictured in THIS thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/traction-control-fuse.109035/

OP
OP
Mitch94jm

Mitch94jm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’ll double check that.. I figured if it were unplugged or loose I’d get some kind of light on the dash. But I’ll check it to be safe. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored