Sponsored

Track Package or Tech Package ????

firefisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Hello all,

This is my first post. I am interested in the GT350. I have tracked cars in the past and did the trailing thing. Done with that. I am now looking for a car that I can drive to the track for the few times I will use it there. 3- 5 times per year. I have found more GT350's available with the Technology package than the Track package that I really want.
Do you think I really need it (track Pack) for the few times I will be tracking the car? I have a family and plan on using the GT350 as a third car with local driving and rallies most of the time with less than 5K miles per year.

• Technology Package
    MagneRide™ Damping System
  • Heavy-duty Front Springs
  • Integrated Driver Control (IDC) System
  • 7 speaker audio system
  • SiriusXM Radio
  • SYNC® 3 - Enhanced voice recognition communications and entertainment system. Includes 8" LCD touch screen in Center stack with swiping and pinch-to-zoom capabilities, 911 assist®, AppLink™, and two smart charging USB Ports
  • 4 way adjustable head restraints
  • 6 way power driver seat with power lumbar
  • 6 way power passenger seat
  • Climate controlled front seats (heated/Cooled)
  • Leather trimmed sport seats with seat back map pockets (replaces standard Recaro® cloth/Miko suede sport seats)
  • Dual-zone Electronic Automatic temperature control (DEATC)
  • Turn signal Mirrors
  • Universal garage door opener
  • Voice activated Navigation

Track Package

• MagneRide™ Damping System
  • Integrated Driver Control (IDC) System
  • Raised Decklid Spoiler
  • Aluminum tower to tower brace
  • Engine oil, Transmission and differential coolers
  • Heavy-duty front springs
Sponsored

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It really depends how much you are in love with the Recaro's? I think the Tech Pkg is a little more civilized for the "family".

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Me

It really depends how much you are in love with the Recaro's? I think the Tech Pkg is a little more civilized for the "family".
Me too..... :cheers: thanks John

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
If you want to get the creature comforts and different seats then go with the Tech package. I'm not a track rat and I'm a bigger guy (fat) so I don't care for the Recaro seats. I had them in my Boss 302 and they dug into my flanks. So was an easy decision for me.

Sponsored

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
If you are going to take it to the track, get the track pack. Period. (read the GT350 supplement Page 25 from ford regarding tracking a non-track pack) http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...350-Supplement-version-1_su_EN-US_07_2015.pdf

If you want to have the best chance for increased resale value, get the track pack.

If you want a 500+ HP touring car, get the tech pack
I second this. The tech pack is more if you want to use it as a daily driver, with occasional spirited driving. If you're putting less than 5000 miles per year on it, and are tracking it 3-5 times per year, the track package will be the better choice.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
The recaros are too good to pass up IMO. Just depends on what you want.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Get what YOU want.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I agree with the above comments and suggest that you will ultimately be happy with the Technology Package subject to giving up some great seats and a couple of visual differences such as not having a raised rear decklid spoiler and an aluminum front tower to tower brace which I personally like on the Track Pack cars.

One of the visuals that I like on the Tech Pack is the toggle switches on the dash as I think they look cool and wished I had them on my Track Pack car but certainly not to be a deal breaker they just look cool IMO.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you end up with?

PS: After you get that all figured out then comes the color, stripes and roof combination and that is a whole other story!:headbonk::headbonk:

:cheers:

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2015-2016-Mustang-Shelby-GT350-Supplement-version-1_su_EN-US_07_2015.pdf If you want to have the best chance for increased resale value, get the track pack.If you want a 500+ HP touring car, get the tech pack
I question whether the long term value of the car is better with a "track" package. As nearly everyone on here has said, this is a car you take to the track (abused?). Compared to a "tech" car that is generally driven on the streets, and much better equipped, one may think twice about buying a car that is raced, on occasion, on race tracks. Unless the car has a reputation as a constant winner, weekend racers, in my opinion, will never bring in the same money as a well maintained "Tech" car, since most will never take the car to the track anyways.

Sponsored

GT350Dubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2015 F150 lariat 5.0
Although I really want the tech package and my car will come with a track package ( cant pre-order your cars here in Dubai limited stock of only 30 cars in the country) The biggest difference is sync3 and navi, in my 2015 F150 Lariat fully loaded I never used any of the sync options or the cheap horrible navi system, I use Google map. Silver lining track package anyday! Nothing beats those recaro seats and trans cooler since you cant find an aftermarket part or upgrade it later as its pre built with the trans

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I question whether the long term value of the car is better with a "track" package. As nearly everyone on here has said, this is a car you take to the track (abused?). Compared to a "tech" car that is generally driven on the streets, and much better equipped, one may think twice about buying a car that is raced, on occasion, on race tracks. Unless the car has a reputation as a constant winner, weekend racers, in my opinion, will never bring in the same money as a well maintained "Tech" car, since most will never take the car to the track anyways.
In all honesty all that technology will be worthless in less than 7 years. Anyone worried if a GT350 was on a track is looking at the wrong car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You have to please yourself.

I personally am not going to spend $60k on a vehicle and then only go to the track. I know the Recaros won't be comfortable for me for daily driving. My hips and back are too wide for regular GT seats in 2015+. The tech seats are really good. If I decide I need something different for the track I will buy a different set of seats.

I will go to the track a few times a year and I live in a colder climate. I just don't buy that the car will explode if you don't have the transmission and rear diff coolers on it. There aren't even that many days where it's persistently above 80 degrees here. Maybe if I lived in Florida or Arizona I would feel differently. I took my 2015 GT to the track and it did fine. I had my dealer check the fluids afterwards and they said it was all good with no problems. I told them to change the oil anyway. So, the GT350 makes more power than the GT; I expect that I will be changing fluids after I go to the track. I know that the coolers will extend fluid life, but I won't be going to the track enough for that to be a financial burden for me to change the fluids a couple extra times per year. Plus I think it's good to change some of the fluids to get the metal shavings, etc. out of there. If the car ends up running hotter than I prefer, I will add the coolers.

I'm glad to have the sync and nav plus the rocker switches. I have even used the heated and cooled seats A LOT already. I'm super glad I have those! Never had them before, didn't want them, but now I'm really happy with them.

I also think that in a northerly climate the transmission and rear diff will run colder than I would prefer during most of my street miles if I have coolers on them. This could wear those parts out a lot sooner than I would like. The engine oil runs so cold on the streets that I haven't been driving the car much lately. I might have to block off the engine oil cooler so that the oil gets up to temperature.

If you look at the percentages of cars built, you will see that the tech cars are more popular. I think they will have higher resale than the track pack cars.

So there are my reasons for what I bought. I hope it's helpful.

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
If anyone is "big" that will be driving/riding in the car you'll want the tech. For people of average girth the recaros are sublime though. If you're tracking the car, and not big, I can't imagine not getting the track pack.

edit: ok Hack has a good reason, living in Minnesota! Sometimes I forget not everywhere gets warm.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Oh...

If you are going to take it to the track, get the track pack. Period. (read the GT350 supplement Page 25 from ford regarding tracking a non-track pack) http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...350-Supplement-version-1_su_EN-US_07_2015.pdf

If you want to have the best chance for increased resale value, get the track pack.

If you want a 500+ HP touring car, get the tech pack
Oh they are both GT350, come on give me a brake on this, it's Just a preference... The 2015 350 are the ones That will really hold their value in my book..... This is my third Mustang in 21 months, and I do not care if it holds it value or not.... Just to owe one of the new 350 is so freakin COOL.... Just my two cents worth... :cheers: :thumbsup: John

No offense to you, I'm waiting on one thanks :thumbsup: John
Sponsored