goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Placing order soon and need some help guys:

I do not want the Tech Package because I prefer the base Recaro seats over the leather. So, I'm trying to decide if I should get the Track package or not (basically just for the Magneride as I won't need the extra coolers and I'm not a huge fan of the larger spoiler (BUT I have not seen it in person so I might like it?!?!?!)). The price difference ($6.5K) is definitely meaningful/noteworthy to me. I do not intend to track this car - it will be a toy, occasional DD, and maybe a road trip car eventually.

Opinions greatly appreciated. Is the Magneride worth it?

Thanks.
Sponsored

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
MagneRide will change the car's personality

I do not want the Tech Package because I prefer the base Recaro seats over the leather. So, I'm trying to decide if I should get the Track package or not (basically just for the Magneride as I won't need the extra coolers and I'm not a huge fan of the larger spoiler (BUT I have not seen it in person so I might like it?!?!?!)). The price difference ($6.5K) is definitely meaningful/noteworthy to me. I do not intend to track this car - it will be a toy, occasional DD, and maybe a road trip car eventually.

Thanks.
You are going to let a lot of “it depends” on this topic. I know because I had the same exact question but my needs and wants are different than yours. But I will give you my opinion since I almost ordered the Base model. I only changed to the Track Package as I was literally putting the deposit down.

The MagneRide will make a huge impact on how this car feels and handles. It will be my one and only car so comfort is a plus. But the biggest advantage is that I will make the effort to track it, and with the magnetic suspension I get the best of both worlds. You mentioned that it was a “toy” or occasional “DD” and maybe a road trip car, so it sounds like you have other vehicles. If this is a once in a while kind of car and you can deal with the occasional rough roads, then get the base model only and save your money. However, if ride quality is something that you care about for those occasional moments, then absolutely get the Track Package. I visited other forums for similar vehicles with magnetic rides and almost every single owner that didn’t get it, had regrets. After spending more than $50k on this car, the last thing I want is to look back and wonder why I didn’t “check” that box :headbonk:

If it is a financial decision, then save your money. The base car is already a great car (amazing value too) with the standard suspension and you can always get a set of coil-overs than fit your style later. Most members I talked to here that may or may not track the car, but that do care about ride quality and comfort, all went for the Tech Package just so you know.

Ultimately, without side by side comparison of regular street driving, and maybe owner’s impressions, it will be really hard to know for sure. Good luck on your decision :thumbsup:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Bottom line... MagneRide is worth it.

I have friends with C7 Stingrays without it and their suspension clearly lacks the versatility to adapt to changing road conditions. They say if they had to do it again, then Mag would be chosen... especially after experiencing it in my car.

Dampers that can adjust from comfort to stiff to in-between is such a great feature. If you can swing that extra cost financially, you'll be glad afterwards when you drive your car leisurely or hard.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Originally I ordered without the track pack.. a base GT350. Now after reading all the reviews this weekend, at the least the Track Pack should be added so I called my dealer and changed my order on thursday.

scungilio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
A suspension with this selective nature and on the fly adaptability is a huge advantage.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think Magneride is a game changer. I'm very cheap, but I still wanted Magneride and decided that I had to have it.

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
I'll order Track Pack specifically for the MR suspension and ability to retain the Recaro seats. Additionally, the ability to access this car's performance will be extremely limited on public roads without serious jeopardy to your life and/or driving license. So going to the track with the car is a must, IMO. I won't track the car terribly often due to the expense and time required to do so, but when I do go I want to be sure the car isn't sidelined by heating issues.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
You'll regret not getting magneride.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
. if it helps any, the resale value will definitely be higher and the car more desirable to more people with that option ticked.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I hate that the heated/cooled seats are not a FSO. That's the biggest annoyance about how Ford chose to arrange the packages. I want everything in the tech package so the car is more daily-able than my Boss, but if I had the choice, I'd keep the standard Recaros.

I'm still going with the tech package, maybe I'll get lucky and someone will want to swap seats. Though the base/track car won't have controls for the tech seats. Still though, the comfier seats are not a deal breaker on tech for me.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

Thanks.
If you intend on competitive events like NASA and SCCA, I'd just go base GT350. Anything else and the MRC is worth it... Track Days and HPDE are not competitive events.

Check with your Regional SCCA office about MRC in class racing.

screamin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang GT White/Gray (sold)
I tend to keep my cars for a long time (even daily drivers) so my theory is simpler/less complex is better. I've had good luck with that and excluded Track Pack on my 900A as a result. I'm sure MagneRide is awesome but I've never driven it so I won't know the difference anyway. My GT350 won't be tracked often so I may be in a different position than most forum members...

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Nav is nice to have but I have it in my other cars, the cars I would travel with. Nav systems in cars get dated quickly as well. In 20 years they're going to look like an old 8-Track lol. The leather seats in the tech pkg are nice but they're nothing special, just GT seats.

I can't get an R model as my dealer doesn't have an allocation and I'm not willing to go shop just to find a dealer who wants to rake me over the coals. So I'm going with the track pkg as it's the next best thing to an R model.
Sponsored