Sponsored

Track Pack to R....those that have done it....

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I potentially have the opportunity to pick up a used '16 R with electronics package (less than 2K miles). I live in the snow belt so our roads are not the best. Those of you that have gone from a Track Pack car to an R, was it worth it? I hear the ride is more stiff and it may not be as comfortable out on crappy roads. I would not keep both 350's. I would sell my track pack first. The R is not going anywhere if I want it. At what price delta does this "upgrade" not make sense? I know that is a subjective question, but I would still like to hear input....
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think I have one of the most modified GT350 suspensions that has surpassed the R next to Voodooo on the forum and I can tell you that the ride is stuffed.

Not only are springs and sways stiffer but you are going to a 30 series tire as opposed to the standard GT350 35 series tire which adds cushion

If you plan to track the car heavily then get the R. If you don't, then I think it would be a waste

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I potentially have the opportunity to pick up a used '16 R with electronics package (less than 2K miles). I live in the snow belt so our roads are not the best. Those of you that have gone from a Track Pack car to an R, was it worth it? I hear the ride is more stiff and it may not be as comfortable out on crappy roads. I would not keep both 350's. I would sell my track pack first. The R is not going anywhere if I want it. At what price delta does this "upgrade" not make sense? I know that is a subjective question, but I would still like to hear input....
I had my '15 Track Pack from Nov. 2015 thru March 2017. And in that car I always drove in Sport mode on the public roads. Now presently with the R, I just drive in Normal mode on the roads and I feel it's equivalent to Sport mode in the non-R. I love it. Zero complaints. Now I really know why the R is truly special.

Worth the upgrade? Well to me it is defintiely a yes for sure but I always knew that I would be chasing an R and was comfortable with an adm to an extent. Under 10k and preferably 5k was what I was targeting on a brand new R so I got lucky I guess if you can call it that... timing & luck plays a part at this point since literally nearly every Ford dealer will mark it up. My recommendation is only do it if you can score a good deal on an R especially if pre-owned and of course if financially feasible. Good luck!

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I will add that the small exterior changes to the R makes the car look perfect. I love the rear spoiler, front splitter, rims, and red pinstriping on striped cars.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I made the jump. If you can swing it and its a fair price, go for it. The R for being so similar realistically speaking has quite a different personality

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I think I have one of the most modified GT350 suspensions that has surpassed the R next to Voodooo on the forum and I can tell you that the ride is stuffed.

Not only are springs and sways stiffer but you are going to a 30 series tire as opposed to the standard GT350 35 series tire which adds cushion

If you plan to track the car heavily then get the R. If you don't, then I think it would be a waste
I am going to agree on what he said... I feel at times that my suspension is too stiff on normal mode in my GT350, where the sport will really massage my back on our crappy roads and potholes. I think the track pack is a good blend of civil duties and track, and I think it is actually tuned more for track than street.
Now if I lived in a different climate, where I could drive the car at least 10 months a year, and roads would be perfect, I would probably get the R.

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
Yah, I switched. Assuming this is not a daily driver, I see no reason not to jump into an R if you can swing it. If you are planning on putting a ton of miles on the car, I would stick with the Track Pack as its more quiet and comfortable.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I made the switch too and I don't regret it at all. The ride and the "feel" is just a bit more aggressive, but not too bad. It's just one of the things that makes it unique.

Think of it like the two twin sisters. And you know one of them is just a little more "slutty" than the other. Trust me, the R is the one you want to "get with". ;) LMAO

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
To me if you have the money it will be worth it. But that's just me. I couldn't even afford to dump my tech and buy a newer GT350, so an R is not in my near future.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Yah, I switched. Assuming this is not a daily driver, I see no reason not to jump into an R if you can swing it. If you are planning on putting a ton of miles on the car, I would stick with the Track Pack as its more quiet and comfortable.
Um!!! My GT350 is louder than an R.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I notice that those who think the jump Is worth it live in the south where I imagine the roads are better? As for price, let's just say this would be a family discount and won't be over $5K over sticker.....
At $0-$5K over sticker, given the harsher ride on rougher roads, is it still worth the jump? Or would we contemplate a stripped Z06 or clean Gen V Viper?....I'm not brand loyal.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I notice that those who think the jump Is worth it live in the south where I imagine the roads are better? As for price, let's just say this would be a family discount and won't be over $5K over sticker.....
At $0-$5K over sticker, given the harsher ride on rougher roads, is it still worth the jump? Or would we contemplate a stripped Z06 or clean Gen V Viper?....I'm not brand loyal.
I'm not going to call you dumb for not buying a +$5k R...but.......

buy it.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
LOL. I do like the rarity of the prospect and the fact that I will most likely never lose money on it. Sounds like what I'm hearing is "Dumby, it's an R at minimal MSRP overage. Who cares if it rides like shit"

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
LOL. I do like the rarity of the prospect and the fact that I will most likely never lose money on it. Sounds like what I'm hearing is "Dumby, it's an R at minimal MSRP overage. Who cares if it rides like shit"
I can guarantee you the R does not ride like shit! Firmer than a track pack yes but not by much when you look at the specs of the springs. A little harder ride sure because of the shorter side wall since you're on 30 series tires as opposed to 35
Sponsored