Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
Killed my clutch that is. I installed Beefcake's TQ booster kit and 3.33 at 12 psi recently and about 700 miles later, the stock clutch finally gave up the ghost. The car has 16640 miles and the stocker lasted at least 10k.

I installed the RXT this morning in my garage and took her out for a spin later in the afternoon. This clutch is smooth, light and crisp. I also installed stainless lines. I popped the clutch line off several times during the bleeding process. I really hope the throw out bearing elbow doesn't pop off during a drive. The little metal clip is all that's holding it together. I ordered mcleods bleeder elbow just in case.

Anyways, boost finally broke something and it was my clutch (and my driving style no doubt)

I highly recommend the tq booster kit.

I'm running 12 pounds (12 pound spring), 3.33 pulls, green belt and FBO w/o cats on 91 octane at 5400 ft elevation.

Last Dyno without tq booster and 3.6 pulley (no headers as well) was between 670-696 hp and 537 tq on a dyno dynamics dyno. Correction factor was 1.2 I think.

Next mod is a carbon drive shaft. Has anyone seen our factory two piece? It works but its heavy and nasty looking.
Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Killed my clutch that is. I installed Beefcake's TQ booster kit and 3.33 at 12 psi recently and about 700 miles later, the stock clutch finally gave up the ghost. The car has 16640 miles and the stocker lasted at least 10k.

I installed the RXT this morning in my garage and took her out for a spin later in the afternoon. This clutch is smooth, light and crisp. I also installed stainless lines. I popped the clutch line off several times during the bleeding process. I really hope the throw out bearing elbow doesn't pop off during a drive. The little metal clip is all that's holding it together. I ordered mcleods bleeder elbow just in case.

Anyways, boost finally broke something and it was my clutch (and my driving style no doubt)

I'm running 12 pounds (12 pound spring), 3.33 pulls, green belt and FBO w/o cats on 91 octane at 5400 ft elevation.

Last Dyno without tq booster and 3.6 pulley (no headers as well) was between 670-696 hp and 537 tq on a dyno dynamics dyno. Correction factor was 1.2 I think.

Next mod is a carbon drive shaft. Has anyone seen our factory two piece? It works but its heavy and nasty looking.
That RXT is going to break that transmission. You might get lucky if you do not speed shift. Why did you not go with the RST. I just pulled out my MT82 with the RST clutch and it looks hardly used for 9,000 miles. The MT82 transmission in my mind is a really really good transmission combined with the MGW shifter. No notchiness when shifting or grinding. Let me know if you need an MT82 because I am selling. I did just install the RXT 2 days ago and am breaking it in but with another model transmission. Good luck.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Sounds like you will be doing a mt82 rebuild or tr6060 swap soon.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

mo powper mo power yo!!

:)

cf's are in stock btw, auto and manual

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
installed the RXT this morning in my garage and took her out for a spin later in the afternoon.
:first: Wow, it took me 1 day to pull the box and 1 day to put it back in.......you did it in a morning....:hail::hail:

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
That RXT is going to break that transmission. You might get lucky if you do not speed shift. Why did you not go with the RST. I just pulled out my MT82 with the RST clutch and it looks hardly used for 9,000 miles. The MT82 transmission in my mind is a really really good transmission combined with the MGW shifter. No notchiness when shifting or grinding. Let me know if you need an MT82 because I am selling. I did just install the RXT 2 days ago and am breaking it in but with another model transmission. Good luck.
Maybe he has plans on going for more power? That's my hangup on getting the RST. Not sure it will hold 800-850 if I decide to go that far.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I talked to mcleod this week and im 726 hp and 590 tq and the tech told me forget about the rst,i need the rxt.I asked him his opinion on breaking the trans and his responce was what i already thought,right tires and no powershifting and trans should be fine as long as your shifting is smooth and not grinding gears.Im going with the rxt also.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Maybe he has plans on going for more power? That's my hangup on getting the RST. Not sure it will hold 800-850 if I decide to go that far.
I understand that. But the RXT is a bit more brutal of engagement. This is why it breaks the trans. This is well known problem with the Stock transmission and RXT combo.

I talked to mcleod this week and im 726 hp and 590 tq and the tech told me forget about the rst,i need the rxt.I asked him his opinion on breaking the trans and his responce was what i already thought,right tires and no powershifting and trans should be fine as long as your shifting is smooth and not grinding gears.Im going with the rxt also.
I am 60 more HP and 50 lbs. of TQ than you are and I ran the dogs**t out of the RST with stock MT82 and it looked hardly used when we pulled it last week. Had 9,000 miles on it. You will be fine with the RST. The RST is an awesome clutch.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I think it's more driving style than the clutch personally. If you're beating the shit out of it, it doesn't matter if you have the RST or RXT at that power level. What is your driving style like? I don't want to put an RST in, just to have it not hold the power and have to get an RXT after.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think it's more driving style than the clutch personally. If you're beating the shit out of it, it doesn't matter if you have the RST or RXT at that power level. What is your driving style like? I don't want to put an RST in, just to have it not hold the power and have to get an RXT after.
You can speed shift/slam gears all day long with the RST I did it. There is a saying that the MT82 is a glass transmission. Waiting to shatter. In comes the RXT and shatters the trans. Speed shift the stock trans with the RXT and you will not be driving it for long.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I understand that. But the RXT is a bit more brutal of engagement. This is why it breaks the trans. This is well known problem and dywith the Stock transmission and RXT combo.

I am 60 more HP and 50 lbs. of TQ than you are and I ran the dogs**t out of the RST with stock MT82 and it looked hardly used when we pulled it last week. Had 9,000 miles on it. You will be fine with the RST. The RST is an awesome clutch.
y

Yes but have u been to the track and launched on 28 in slicks hitting 1.50.60 ft multiple times.Driving on the street and track are two different things.My exedy clutch does ok on the street even with drag radials,but go to the track and after one pass it starts slipping its ass off.If you dont track rst will probably be fine,but if u do track u better go with the rxt.If u use the right tires and can speed shift,no power shift your trans should be fine.Once u get to a certain hp its not going to matter what clutch u use,the trans will break eventually.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
y

Yes but have u been to the track and launched on 28 in slicks hitting 1.50.60 ft multiple times.Driving on the street and track are two different things.My exedy clutch does ok on the street even with drag radials,but go to the track and after one pass it starts slipping its ass off.If you dont track rst will probably be fine,but if u do track u better go with the rxt.If u use the right tires and can speed shift,no power shift your trans should be fine.Once u get to a certain hp its not going to matter what clutch u use,the trans will break eventually.
I am not sure you are understanding what I am posting. The RST with MT82 you can bang all day long. Now pull that RST and install a RXT and it won't be long before you are calling a tow truck and searching for another transmission. Especially if you are doing this at the track. :)

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
I am not sure you are understanding what I am posting. The RST with MT82 you can bang all day long. Now pull that RST and install a RXT and it won't be long before you are calling a tow truck and searching for another transmission. Especially if you are doing this at the track. :)
No i dont think u understand what im saying lol,if u use the right tire meaning a full slick it will absorb alot of the shock the trans takes.The rst will not hold up at the track with tires doing hard launches,thats a quote right from mecleod.On the street i dont get enough traction even with drag radials that im too worried about breaking the trans,but again at the power we are making anything can happen.My point,i spend alot of time at the track and when i put this clutch in its staying for awhile.If u dont track the rst will be fine.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No i dont think u understand what im saying lol,if u use the right tire meaning a full slick it will absorb alot of the shock the trans takes.The rst will not hold up at the track with tires doing hard launches,thats a quote right from mecleod.On the street i dont get enough traction even with drag radials that im too worried about breaking the trans,but again at the power we are making anything can happen.My point,i spend alot of time at the track and when i put this clutch in its staying for awhile.If u dont track the rst will be fine.
We have a difference of opinion. No problem.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
At least you guys agree on a McLeod.

For my power level, and mostly street, I chose RST. If more track, RXT, with AAA & money in hand for a TR6060.
Sponsored