Touch-up Paint

6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium, Black
To keep a long story short, someone borrowed Selina and when opening the door, bumped it into something and now theres a paint chip on the edge of the door >< A little above it theres a surface chip I think but Im trying to ignore that since its still black.

Anyway, how do I go about touching up this spot? Is there touch up paint available for our exact paint code? Shes Shadow Black

Thanks!
Sponsored

Backwoods

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
dealership, go prepared with your VIN and paint code, both can be located on the drivers side inner door sill.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I fixed two stone chips with touch up paint I got from the dealer and both turned out great.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
It's pretty good, but some people make it out to be a miracle cure for everything.
better than a pen with a swirly hand lol

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
better than a pen with a swirly hand lol
That's true. I'd recommend it, just don't want people going in thinking it will cure herpes and help their wife get pregnant.

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
I just found a nasty chip on my right fender as I was washing her. Totally ruined my weekend. I ordered Dr Color Chip, and I will post before and after pics to give forum members a better idea of what it can do. :frusty:

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Trust me, first time using it and Dr. Colorchip is worth the cost.

I've used the Motorcraft touchup paint on my last Mustang and it is a PAIN to use and jut flat out messy no matter how careful you are.

Sure it cost $15 vs $50 for Dr. Colorchip, but the way Dr. Colorchip goes own there is no touchup blob of paint and it just goes on FAR FAR more precise.

I have a black GT and you can BARELY see the small touchup I did unless you are nose to it after 2 or 3 applications over multiple days (to dry fully) to fill in the small divot to flush.

Done right with Dr. Colorchip you will barely see the repair even a foot away. It's just well worth the high cost of their product. It's one of those things that you don't really get the difference until you've used both as they're both just paint really. I was shocked trying it for the first time frankly vs OEM touchup.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If it hasn't exposed the metal, you'd be astounded with how much you can fix with a Sharpie on a black car. Lasts a l-o-n-g time too !!

If you don't like the results, you can do the touch-up or Dr. Color over it later.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I too am a fan-boy of Dr. Colorchip. I had a '12 SS Camaro that I had polished and shined to perfection. There were wasps in my garage that liked shitting on my paint,so I was dispatching them when I could.I swatted one on a pull-cord on a fluorescent fixture.The cord swung up and in the ensuing explosion both tubes broke and fell on my roof.It had several ugly spots. I bought The Inferno Orange touch-up and after watching a few videos did my thing.When I was finished, no one, not even me could find the chips.
Very impressed.

BrotherJack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Color Kono Blue Black Rag Top
I just used Dr. Color Chip yesterday on my Guard Pony. Perfect color match and very easy to use. Much easier than typical touch up paint.

umdkevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Premium
I've got a small, maybe 1/8", paint chip and want to order Dr Color Chip but not sure what the color code is. I looked at the label inside the door and is says "EXT PNT: CY". Is that it? color code is 2 digits, CY or am I missing something?

Cardinal Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metallic
I've got a small, maybe 1/8", paint chip and want to order Dr Color Chip but not sure what the color code is. I looked at the label inside the door and is says "EXT PNT: CY". Is that it? color code is 2 digits, CY or am I missing something?
CY is the color code for Competition Orange.
Sponsored