Sponsored

Totaled Mustang need some input

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It might be too soon to ask, but do any of you with totaled cars want to sell me or trade me the Dash trim? i am looking for the trim with the two A/C vents and two gauges.
Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
As mentioned earlier gap will cover what insurance doesnt. My first truck I bought that wasn't junk I ended up rolling down the highway with a trailer and a 64 ford wagon behind it . luckily I had gap and after that will never be without it on a vehicle I owe on.
No, gap covers the difference between the payoff and your loan balance, that's all. So you don't end up owing money on a wrecked car. If you put down a decent down payment, you will not be upside down, and gap is worthless.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
No, gap covers the difference between the payoff and your loan balance, that's all. So you don't end up owing money on a wrecked car. If you put down a decent down payment, you will not be upside down, and gap is worthless.
+1 I put a big deposit down on my stang so no need for gap insurance for me.

Sponsored

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
Sorry to hear/see that.. no one likes to see an accident. Glad to see everyone is doing well, that's the most important part, cars can be replaced and maybe even improved :p here's to hoping right ;)

TXREDNECK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT PP
Gotcha don't guess I ever thought about it that way. Was just glad I didn't owe money on a totaled vehicle
That is why I responded with this statement. Up until recently I have never been able to put big down payments down so really never think about others loosing large sums of money in initial investment.

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
For getting airborne, hitting a pole that's a surprising little amount of damage...goes to show this car is pretty good in the face of accidents

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Can you google maps us the location of where you went airborne...I wanna see this road/bridge....sounds crazy.

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
In reference to the "state minimums are too low" comment, anyone that goes with state minimum on car is insane. In Texas the minimums are $30k bodily injury up to $60k max per accident and $25k property damage per accident. Think about that. $25k in property damage. Say you t-bone a new 2016 GT premium. $25k will leave you PERSONALLY on the hook for the rest. How many cars do you pass just driving to the Stop n Rob that are worth significantly more? Don't even think of a multi-car accident that is your fault.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
For getting airborne, hitting a pole that's a surprising little amount of damage...goes to show this car is pretty good in the face of accidents
I agree, I don't SEE enough to total it, not nearly. (It'll buff out with a little color sanding, right?)

The General Lee thing must have done a good deal of damage to the unibody and undercarriage that's not obvious in the pictures.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
In reference to the "state minimums are too low" comment, anyone that goes with state minimum on car is insane. In Texas the minimums are $30k bodily injury up to $60k max per accident and $25k property damage per accident. Think about that. $25k in property damage. Say you t-bone a new 2016 GT premium. $25k will leave you PERSONALLY on the hook for the rest. How many cars do you pass just driving to the Stop n Rob that are worth significantly more? Don't even think of a multi-car accident that is your fault.

Yes. The property damage is only part of it. Personal injury is even crazier just an ambulance ride to the hospital is close to $1000. A few hours in the emergency room with some tests, a few grand. If it's a more serious accident with broken bones, god only knows. Just one accident involving a few people can easily destroy your life if your minimums are too low.

ALMOST learned that the hard way. Now I don't have a limit below $100,000 for anything. And the six-month premiums are not even that much more for all that coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
just another tip is if you dont put a large down payment on a loan, get GAP insurance from your insurer to cover the underwater portion. It is really cheap $14/6 month. Keep it until your cars value is >= loan payoff

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
just another tip is if you dont put a large down payment on a loan, get GAP insurance from your insurer to cover the underwater portion. It is really cheap $14/6 month. Keep it until your cars value is >= loan payoff
This. If you know you may be upside down on your loan, even if you know you can get rid of that negative in a certain period of time, get GAP anyway. If you get into an accident and don't have enough to cover the rest of the loan, you're screwed. Just play it safe. My GAP only added another $10/month to my loan. Well worth the peace of mind.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Man all the pictures of totaled Mustangs makes me sad. Hopefully everyone walk away with minimal pain and no permanent damage or scars.
+1 on that ... but man, let's keep those crashes away to help keep insurance low on these machines. :doh:
Sponsored