Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Cool. Next spring I will have owned #1, 2 and 3. (although I'm getting a GT so it won't technically be #1)

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
The Miata redesign is being unveiled Sept. 3. Can't wait to see that. They're talking 220lb weight reduction and a size more in line with the first generation. If it has a nice increase in power and the price doesn't get out of control, I may have to look into it.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
The Miata redesign is being unveiled Sept. 3. Can't wait to see that. They're talking 220lb weight reduction and a size more in line with the first generation.
If that's true, I hope it stays on the road better than the first gen did. My in-laws had one and spun off the road no less than 4 times in the rain on different occasions. They are very lucky that they did not end up in oncoming traffic. It eventually ended up wrapped around a tree on a country road (yep, wet road again) and put my MIL in the hospital. After seeing the wreckage, it was a miracle she even survived. She is a very slow and cautious driver. Not like she has a lead foot by any means.

I'm sure today's technology would help, but I still would never want to own one. Ever. Might be somewhat irrational, but I simply would never be able to trust it.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
If that's true, I hope it stays on the road better than the first gen did. My in-laws had one and spun off the road no less than 4 times in the rain on different occasions. They are very lucky that they did not end up in oncoming traffic. It eventually ended up wrapped around a tree on a country road (yep, wet road again) and put my MIL in the hospital. After seeing the wreckage, it was a miracle she even survived. She is a very slow and cautious driver. Not like she has a lead foot by any means.

I'm sure today's technology would help, but I still would never want to own one. Ever. Might be somewhat irrational, but I simply would never be able to trust it.
Given the relative lack of torque and the inherent chassis balance the early Miata had, the only way that it seems likely the car would spin off of the road (even in the rain) is if the tires were poor. Actually, given how those cars dominated Solo2 for so long, they clearly adhered to the road quite well when running good tires. You can't really fault the Miata here...

Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Sounds like a familiar story. Wonder if it'll be true... :D
It does indeed. Though I think Mazda has a shot of achieving it because it is going to use their skyactiv lightweight chassis design. All new bones on this thing.
Sponsored