Sponsored

Took my GT350R out to Laguna Seca [vid]

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
Funny you mentioned rev matching,yet your driving appears to be all over the place. Have you ever heard of the racing line?
What's the racing line? I truly haven't ever heard of that. Can you point out specific instances in my video where this term applies? If you could take SS's and maybe make a few diagrams to illustrate the concept I would really appreciate it.
Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
... The ACR snaps the RPMs upward with a short, hard hit of throttle; the GT350 prefers a longer gentler squeeeeeeze of throttle.
Wait! Was that your ACR next to your P1 at Santana Row a few coffees ago?

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
What's the racing line? I truly haven't ever heard of that. Can you point out specific instances in my video where this term applies? If you could take SS's and maybe make a few diagrams to illustrate the concept I would really appreciate it.
Ok let's dissect the beginning of turn two for example. First you need to open up the starting turn as much as possible while carrying as much speed as possible; not into the first apex but the second apex as you are exiting the two turns. So what you want to do in this situation is carry as much speed as possible into your second apex. Instead you lost speed by over correcting not once but 3 times while approaching the first turn and turning into the second apex. So instead of treating both turns as one, you took each turn separately from each other and this cost you precious time as you exit the second apex into the straight. Also your throttle input appears to be on and off. You seem to be pretty quick around the track but without learning proper technique, a guy that knows how to approach each turn will more than likely put better numbers than someone who simply wants to go fast without proper technique. So in my opinion rev matching is useless if at the end of the day you are still unbalancing your vehicle by over correcting both throttle and steering response towards the entirety of each turn, so in a way it kind of defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place.

Sponsored

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Purple metallic with an offset red stripe? Guilty as charged.
My wife is so supportive about my car stuff, but she just doesn't understand the role purple plays in the panoply of muscle cars, hot rods and race cars. :rolleyes:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Take a professional driving course. It's great fun and you'll learn a lot.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
treynor

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
My wife is so supportive about my car stuff, but she just doesn't understand the role purple plays in the panoply of muscle cars, hot rods and race cars. :rolleyes:
Sometimes the car chooses the color. The Viper just really appealed to me in Purple...
_28A2933_4_5.jpg

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I know some don't feel the looks of the Viper, but IMO it has been one of the most beautiful cars out there for basically its entire run. The GenV is no exception. Love that car!

-T

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
A GT350R and a Viper ACR? Life is good :cool:

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
General rev matching question for you racing experts - are we doing any damage when we fail to rev match and the car jerks and what not? Tranny issues to come?

Man it's fun being on the boards with some real deal McCoys like treynor! My girlfriend really loves hearing me talk about it, I bet.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
What's the poof of gas or vapor or whatever that occurs as you drive by?

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
General rev matching question for you racing experts - are we doing any damage when we fail to rev match and the car jerks and what not? Tranny issues to come?

Man it's fun being on the boards with some real deal McCoys like treynor! My girlfriend really loves hearing me talk about it, I bet.
it's less about protecting against tranny damage...rev matching on track is really done to insure that you don't upset the car's balance with the sudden addition of engine braking. If you are 'threshold' braking (ie. braking as hard as the car's mechanical grip will allow) and you add engine braking, you are going to go for an unwanted detour.
Sponsored