Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
No offense, but I don't think you're heel-toeing. [blah blah blah]
I suppose every board has a few of these "I'm God's gift to driving" types. I used to try to talk sense into them, but there's an infinite supply of them the internet and I've finite energy.

Into the ole kill file he goes.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
No offense, but I don't think you're heel-toeing. At 1:19 you hit the rumple strips and there doesn't seem to be any "blip". There is a slight chirp of the tires which sounded like you let off the clutch, the revs weren't matched and the tires slightly broke loose. Then again at 1:47 you didn't heel-toe and there is another distinct chirp of the tires when you let off the clutch. I can't find any blip on your other time stamps either.

I mean, it is fine if you can't, or aren't that great at it yet. But come on man, don't pretend you are heel-toeing out there. This is what proper rev-matched heel-toe sounds like ;)

You're driving is very smooth though.
My money's on his wife to out heel-n-toe the both of you. Lol. :lol:

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I suppose every board has a few of these "I'm God's gift to driving" types. I used to try to talk sense into them, but there's an infinite supply of them the internet and I've finite energy.

Is that what you think you are? I certainly don't.

All I did was give a friendly little jab about the lack of heel-toe. You could have easily taken that and laughed it off or not responded. Instead you took offense and tried to offer up proof that you indeed were. So meh. :shrug:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst

All I did was give a friendly little jab about the lack of heel-toe. You could have easily taken that and laughed it off or not responded. Instead you took offense and tried to offer up proof that you indeed were. So meh. :shrug:
I remember you, you said you could out drive any GT350 driver out there. Yet in the video you posted, I skimmed through it, you werent even close to passing the m3 or the GT350R later in the video.
Ben is right, another guy on the internet that thinks he is fast. :lol:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

Thanks be to Al Gore. :doh:

Sponsored

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I remember you, you said you could out drive any GT350 driver out there. Yet in the video you posted, I skimmed through it, you werent even close to passing the m3 or the GT350R later in the video.
Ben is right, another guy on the internet that thinks he is fast. :lol:
Obviously I can't out drive every GT350 driver out there. Never once have I said that.

The M3 I am chasing is rather well set up, high dollar suspension, gutted, and on race tires. I think just keeping up is an accomplishment. I was within a half sec best lap to best lap.

The "GT350" that passes me isn't a GT350. That is Aaron Sockwell's car. Look up the Dusold Design project car here on the boards. Again, that is another very well prepped car that he runs the Optima USCC with. Also, I am running RE-71R's which fall off half way through a 10 min session.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249

From where I sit,it didn't seem particularly, "Friendly" it seemed more than a little bit condescending. I suspect few will side with you. But, that's just my opinion.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Sure thing, here you go. She's the one in the yellow helmet.
FXXK, that's hot!

Well played on the wife pic.

What camera and mount are you using on that video. I've been trying to find a relatively stiff phone mount and so far haven't had good luck with that. Your video looks excellent so I'd like to know if I can get a mount like that to use with my phone.

Thanks.

-T

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid

Remember that he is running the exhaust in quiet mode so that under maintenance throttle when passing the sound booth he won't get black flagged.

Therefore, throttle blips are going to be very quiet. I can hear them going into turn 2 on occasion, but they are subtle.

Also, in your video you had several examples of poor rev matching, where you'd blip the throttle, but not enough, and you'd get a secondary jump in revs when letting the clutch out. There were other examples where the rev matching was good, but probably not the best idea to be calling someone out, then showing an example that is flawed.

I did love watching your video as well though. Very nice driving overall (but keep practicing that rev matching :D)

BTW, I suck at it, even worse than you (and now I'm just messing with you, but I really do suck at it)!

-T

Last edited:

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
Remember that he is running the exhaust in quiet mode so that under maintenance throttle when passing the sound booth he won't get black flagged.

Therefore, throttle blips are going to be very quiet. I can here them going into turn 2 on occasion, but they are subtle.

Also, in your video you had several examples of poor rev matching, where you'd blip the throttle, but not enough, and you'd get a secondary jump in revs when letting the clutch out. There were other examples where the rev matching was good, but probably not the best idea to be calling someone out, then showing an example that is flawed.

I did love watching your video as well though. Very nice driving overall (but keep practicing that rev matching :D)

BTW, I suck at it, even worse than you (and now I'm just messing with you, but I really do suck at it)!

-T
Yeah, I don't nail it perfect every time. I am after all a human being :)

In fact, there is one instance in that vid where I totally under revved, getting caught up going almost too deep, and I let out the clutch and got the "chirp" I was criticizing treynor for. I know I am not perfect and not the best driver or w.e. I do get it right more often than not, though. There is certainly always room for improvement! :headbonk:

Thanks for a level headed response :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
treynor

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
FXXK, that's hot!

Well played on the wife pic.

What camera and mount are you using on that video. I've been trying to find a relatively stiff phone mount and so far haven't had good luck with that. Your video looks excellent so I'd like to know if I can get a mount like that to use with my phone.

Thanks.

-T
I was using a GoPro Hero 4 Session. They're great for track vids and are quite light so they are stable.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Therefore, throttle blips are going to be very quiet. I can hear them going into turn 2 on occasion, but they are subtle.

-T
Got em.

Good call on the exhaust. I hate how quiet blips are in normal mode, when I down shift from 6 to 4 on the highway to pass sometimes I think the car is broken with how quiet it is. Didn't I just blip it? Where is the throttle response???

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
No offense, but I don't think you're heel-toeing. At 1:19 you hit the rumple strips and there doesn't seem to be any "blip". There is a slight chirp of the tires which sounded like you let off the clutch, the revs weren't matched and the tires slightly broke loose. Then again at 1:47 you didn't heel-toe and there is another distinct chirp of the tires when you let off the clutch. I can't find any blip on your other time stamps either.

I mean, it is fine if you can't, or aren't that great at it yet. But come on man, don't pretend you are heel-toeing out there. This is what proper rev-matched heel-toe sounds like ;)

You're driving is very smooth though.
Funny you mentioned rev matching,yet your driving appears to be all over the place. Have you ever heard of the racing line?

OP
OP
treynor

treynor

Techie and Track Rat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2014 FR500 CobraJet
Got em.

Good call on the exhaust. I hate how quiet blips are in normal mode, when I down shift from 6 to 4 on the highway to pass sometimes I think the car is broken with how quiet it is. Didn't I just blip it? Where is the throttle response???
Yup. One thing I've found is that different cars respond quite differently to throttle during downshifting . The ACR snaps the RPMs upward with a short, hard hit of throttle; the GT350 prefers a longer gentler squeeeeeeze of throttle. Combine that with the exhaust in quiet mode, and downshifting required a little patience on the 350.

On Saturday I was alternating sessions between the 350 and 302S, and found I would need a few corners to adapt each time because they are so different.
Sponsored