Sponsored

TOMTOP 8" Touchscreen Upgrade: Post-Install Issues & Help Thread

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
I seem to have received a firmware update from tomtop after almost a month of back and forth asking for an update. I wont be able to try and update until the weekend. if anyone wants to give it a shot before then please feel free to contact me and ill upload the file somwhere
Sponsored

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I seem to have received a firmware update from tomtop after almost a month of back and forth asking for an update. I wont be able to try and update until the weekend. if anyone wants to give it a shot before then please feel free to contact me and ill upload the file somwhere
Please upload that file somewhere. Did they provide install instructions? Just put it on the SD and load the update? Did they give you the update password?

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT - California Special
http://www.filedropper.com/k2792-1

thats the file. no instructions or password yet. i have contacted them about it

What does this update entail?

I would like to use it, however, I seem to be one of the few in here who have a functioning TomTop Unit (based on the sentiments I've been reading). I wouldn't want to ruin it :D

tazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all of them
Alot of us have functioning tomtops just not chiming in unless theirs any new updates Get me some info and i will try it

Sponsored

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
They claim that no password is required, they have asked me for a video on where it asks for a password. unfortunately i am out of town until the weekend so i wont be able to provide them with that.

As far as what the update covers i am not sure. if you translate the file

"温度改华氏软件" it translates to "Fahrenheit temperature change software"

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just hooked mine up from NewMango; which was suggested on youtube from a fellow on here- thank you. Easy setup; the harnesses are easy to get off once you figure them out. For the cigar lighter, smash those little tabs in and it will pull out.

Has the typical problems that everyone else is having. Beeping noise on turning off which doesn't bother me; my last deck used to beep to remind me to take out. Turns on when open driver door. Not a big deal either. Temp in Celsius. Clock is one hour behind, so I switched it to eastern time so it matches up; so that's good. I'm not buttoning my back up until a little bit so I can fix if any problems that may occur.

I'd say it's defiantly worth for $300. Pretty cool having a touch screen; makes your car seem more high tech. It also adds rca's if I'm not correct?

That's great news! I'm happy my suggestion worked out for you! Unfortunately I recommended 'Newmango' to another person on this forum and he/she stated the screen didn't work! Looks like you and I got the good units; I wonder what that's about!

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They claim that no password is required, they have asked me for a video on where it asks for a password. unfortunately i am out of town until the weekend so i wont be able to provide them with that.

As far as what the update covers i am not sure. if you translate the file

"温度改华氏软件" it translates to "Fahrenheit temperature change software"

Hmmmm... I only display my clock, not sure if that's convincing enough for me to experiment. Does the update correct the "one connected" and say "Phone connected" When sync is connected?

That and the "mute" buttong being in Chinese are the only annoying flaws.

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
there may be other fixes and updates in there. there are 10+ files that were modified in the past 2 months. so there might be other updates in there

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there may be other fixes and updates in there. there are 10+ files that were modified in the past 2 months. so there might be other updates in there
Very intriguing, do we have any technocrats in here that want to be the first to try?

I would, but I fear that if I mess something up, I won't have the technological savviness to restore things to default :doh::D

Sponsored

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
I will be going for it when i get back home Friday. Ill also try and modify / open some of these files up to see if certain settings and menus and images can be changed.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I will be going for it when i get back home Friday. Ill also try and modify / open some of these files up to see if certain settings and menus and images can be changed.
I'll dive into it this weekend if you don't get a chance to on Friday. Let us know how it goes and/or if you can't get it done so I can give it a shot. It should be fairly easy to back up the existing files so if something that is not desirable arises from this update, we can just revert back.

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
It sucks that i am not near my car else id be all about getting this working. now that we have a file to work with i will start messing with any settings / options that do not work. but for the time being i want to just install what they sent to see what works and what does not.

so far everything seems to lead to it installing through the SD card... that might be why the 888999 password is not working.

the following instructions are still not tested. but if anyone wants to try.

1 - Extract the .rar file to an microSD card
2 - inset sd card into tomtop instead of GPS card
3 - go to settings (gears icon)
4 - select "sys update"
5 - type in password "888999"
6 - Let me know what happens :shrug:
Sponsored