Sponsored

TOMTOP 8" Touchscreen Upgrade: Post-Install Issues & Help Thread

Soliz53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
No the unit I got was from eBay. The tomtop unit. I am in the process of getting a refund. He just offered to give me half my money back and I could keep the unit. I think I might just take it I ducked up my stock one so I need this to operate my car.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
No the unit I got was from eBay. The tomtop unit. I am in the process of getting a refund. He just offered to give me half my money back and I could keep the unit. I think I might just take it I ducked up my stock one so I need this to operate my car.
Did you ever get your unit working?

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Has anyone contacted X0AYHAM0X about pricing and availability?

Sponsored

meenk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
how much for a group of 10?

lets get this down to $350.
We should probably start a new thread for this thing, but here is the reply when I asked about 10.

I have discussed with our manager to offer you the product as wholesale price, but unfortunately, I didn't get the satisfying result, we could offer last to USD 400/set for first order 10 units only, including freight cost to USA.

Moreover, did you see our products or test it before? In my opinion, It is better to test the sample first by you own, then order the rest again if everything is fine.

Soliz53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
They need to post it up for sale on eBay. I am not going to pay $400 for it. It to work and then I'm out $400 and shipping.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Got our test unit in and installed. Seems there are a few little issues we are working with manufacturer to fix. Seems the clock is only a 24 hour clock right now. The usb in the glove box will charge but no option to play usb2 on this unit so it cuts off bluetooth music when plugged in but won't play music from usb. The USB1 on the front of the unit works great and charges. This unit has HDMI input but haven't tested that on my iphone yet. Sync works, has climate control on the screen which is nice. Have an issue with my micro sd card and igo maps I think as it hasn't loaded the map yet and keeps having an error but haven't looked into it yet really.

Unit is very nice and install was very simply .

It shows the software is version 1 so looks like no revisions on this unit yet. They said once I send them a video of issues I am having they can update software for me.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Got our test unit in and installed. Seems there are a few little issues we are working with manufacturer to fix. Seems the clock is only a 24 hour clock right now. The usb in the glove box will charge but no option to play usb2 on this unit so it cuts off bluetooth music when plugged in but won't play music from usb. The USB1 on the front of the unit works great and charges. This unit has HDMI input but haven't tested that on my iphone yet. Sync works, has climate control on the screen which is nice. Have an issue with my micro sd card and igo maps I think as it hasn't loaded the map yet and keeps having an error but haven't looked into it yet really.

It shows the software is version 1 so looks like no revisions on this unit yet. They said once I send them a video of issues I am having they can update software for me.

You guys rock!! Thanks for taking this on.

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6

Is it the same Sielectronic unit that I have?

Sponsored

Soliz53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Ok. Sounds good. Hopefully we can get a group buy soon. I'm going to get a full refund on this tomtop unit and will be waiting for this one. Thanks guys

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I spoke a little too fast. I fixed some of the issues so far. Yes same unit X0AYHAM0X.

Only issue I am having right now is the clock. I can't get it to stay on a 12 hour US clock. It keeps adjusting the clock back an hour or the day forward a day etc. Not sure why. I have tried a bunch of time zones with same issue.

I am sending info over to manufacturer to try and get the clock issue fixed.

USB inputs I didn't realize under AUX with sync menu you just push it multiple times to cycle through the USB inputs. All work and charge phone now.

I still need to test nav but that should work once I get IGo loaded. I also need to go buy an HDMI cable for my iphone 6 to test out the screen mirroring feature.

Other than that everything is great so far.

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I spoke a little too fast. I fixed some of the issues so far. Yes same unit X0AYHAM0X.

Only issue I am having right now is the clock. I can't get it to stay on a 12 hour US clock. It keeps adjusting the clock back an hour or the day forward a day etc. Not sure why. I have tried a bunch of time zones with same issue.

I am sending info over to manufacturer to try and get the clock issue fixed.

USB inputs I didn't realize under AUX with sync menu you just push it multiple times to cycle through the USB inputs. All work and charge phone now.

I still need to test nav but that should work once I get IGo loaded. I also need to go buy an HDMI cable for my iphone 6 to test out the screen mirroring feature.

Other than that everything is great so far.
That's weird about the clock, mine never does that.
You mind telling me who you're contacting? I'd love to get a software update too

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
That's weird about the clock, mine never does that.
You mind telling me who you're contacting? I'd love to get a software update too

Hmm you use 24 hour clock there though right?

Being that we use 12 hour here I think that is the issue I am having.

As for software update there isn't one yet but they will adjust things for me in software they said. Hopefully not a long process though! Once/if a software update is available I can definitely let you know!

We are hoping to order bulk of these units in but want to get any bugs fixed to not have the tomtop issues all over again!

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
Hmm you use 24 hour clock there though right?

Being that we use 12 hour here I think that is the issue I am having.

As for software update there isn't one yet but they will adjust things for me in software they said. Hopefully not a long process though! Once/if a software update is available I can definitely let you know!

We are hoping to order bulk of these units in but want to get any bugs fixed to not have the tomtop issues all over again!
My unit doesn't have 12/24 hour option to change between the two.
I think there's are lil issues with unit too so it'll be great if you can ask them to fix them:
- The auto volume in the audio options doesn't get saved, so if u set it to high it'd go back to the middle when u restart the unit.
- There's no option to adjust the brightness of the backlight of the unit.
Sponsored