Last edited:

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
If you turn on the radio...I can't see a way to turn JUST the radio off, other than to select a different media input (such as CD or SYNC). You can power the whole unti off and it will also turn the radio off, but if you power it back on...the radio also comes back on and goes right back to the last station you were listening to. This is annoying if you're like me...and listen to Sports Radio like it's a religion...but if you want to quickly switch into Navigation to hear the voice prompts...there's no simple toggle to turn the radio off.
Good stuff, but this paragraph has me totally confused. It's like it was written in a stream of consciousness.

so you are saying users are unable to just turn the radio off and keep the navigation running? So if you are running navigation and the radio (and there are no voice prompts for the navigation), but want to switch to get turn-by-turn directions, you have to turn the whole unit off and then back on for navigation?

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
I got around to installing mine a couple days ago, I made a video showing full functionality that I can upload, however that's probably better suited to the other thread, as this thread is mainly for issues.

My clock is NOT functioning properly, however I was one of the earliest people to order one of these units, and it looks like I missed the fix by ONE build version...

My build version is "Oct 30 2015", and my clock is fast forwarding by 14 hours to mainland China time. Every single person who has bought a later unit with a build version of "Nov 30 2015" (or later) has reported having a working clock. So the point is...everyone ordering NOW should receive a unit with a working clock.

My temp is also in C only. This isn't too distracting really as I just add 32 in my head to convert to F. However if a hack or program change allowed F to display...I'd want it.

A couple other things I've observed...

Mine turns on when I open my door, just as a few others have mentioned. The unit itself takes about 10 seconds to power up, and opening my door powers it up fully. Now this isn't a problem if my intention is actually getting into the car to drive, but if I'm just opening the door to grab something, then the unit is now powered on. I haven't actually sat there yet to see how long it stays on.

If you turn on the radio...I can't see a way to turn JUST the radio off, other than to select a different media input (such as CD or SYNC). You can power the whole unti off and it will also turn the radio off, but if you power it back on...the radio also comes back on and goes right back to the last station you were listening to. This is annoying if you're like me...and listen to Sports Radio like it's a religion...but if you want to quickly switch into Navigation to hear the voice prompts...there's no simple toggle to turn the radio off.

The navigation app...is PHENOMINAL, hands down the best I've ever used.

Otherwise my only other gripe right would be that the screen itself is a bit too glass-like, and it reflects a ton of stuff. Not an issue at night, but during the day...the light coming in through your back window is easily reflected into the screen and you can see everything as you're driving along (sky, clouds, trees). Really just a minor thing, but something worth mentioning.
Yes going into the car just to get something is annoying to have the radio turn on...but for now just know if you close the door and open it again 1 more time it shuts the radio off. So initial open turns it on and second open of the door shuts it off.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
So, if you don't open/close the door a second time, the radio will remain powered until the battery dies? I thought another forum member mentioned it had a time delay of a few minutes (1-5)?

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
So, if you don't open/close the door a second time, the radio will remain powered until the battery dies? I thought another forum member mentioned it had a time delay of a few minutes (1-5)?
I dont know...I didn't test to see how long it times out. I would hope it times out. I was just mentioning that you can shut it off with opening the door a second time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Melekith

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good stuff, but this paragraph has me totally confused. It's like it was written in a stream of consciousness.

so you are saying users are unable to just turn the radio off and keep the navigation running? So if you are running navigation and the radio (and there are no voice prompts for the navigation), but want to switch to get turn-by-turn directions, you have to turn the whole unit off and then back on for navigation?
Lol sorry, yeah the words just kind of spun out of my head. Basically...there is no 'off' switch for the radio. If you have the radio on, and you don't want to hear it for whatever reason...your options are to select a different media input or turn your volume all the way down. You can "power off" the entire unit (just like we did with the old screen), but this is no longer ideal as the new 8" screen has many other functions that you might want to display...without the radio playing.

Obviously the latter option is not convenient when you're in the Nav and want to hear the turn by turn directions. I noticed that the radio totally overpowers the turn-by-turn voice, even after I dove into the Nav settings and cranked up the voice guided volume (I possibly need to dive deeper and find additional settings).

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Weird, I had the opposite experience. There are a couple settings for system volume. I had to turn mine *down* because the nav guidance was so loud.

I'm fairly confident that if you're just looking to increase nav volume, there is a setting to do so.

OP
OP
Melekith

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah I will play around some more, I'm sure there's an option I haven't found yet. My main point was the lack of an easy on/off toggle for the radio by itself. Overall though I'm totally pleased with this product for its cost.

S550EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP MAN
Hey,

How do you make the navigation voice audible ?

I have tried everything I can, from the main setting to the settings on the Nav part also.
I found the place where there is a volume control for it and have it up all the way up.

Have you guys noticed that the imput setting for example to adjust the balance n fade are "very" hard ?, it is like I have to tap harder than when in the navigation.

any input is greatly appreciated it

ps. I can here the little "bell", so to me the unit is connected properly.

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
Hey,

How do you make the navigation voice audible ?

I have tried everything I can, from the main setting to the settings on the Nav part also.
I found the place where there is a volume control for it and have it up all the way up.

Have you guys noticed that the imput setting for example to adjust the balance n fade are "very" hard ?, it is like I have to tap harder than when in the navigation.

any input is greatly appreciated it

ps. I can here the little "bell", so to me the unit is connected properly.
As for input setting...Which I would call the touch screen setting...I had the same issue at first. I found somewhere in there a page that had a "Calibration" button. Find that and do the Touch Screen Calibration. That seemed to fix mine.

Sponsored

sarcean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
Finally got my installed and working now. My time works/keeps fine and the NAV app is MUCH better then expected. I have the Nov 30 build date:

My only real complaints:
1) Backup camera is highly over saturated on it. Much worse then stock. ESPECIALLY at night--light shows up as purple/reddish. Even during the day too to a lesser extent. Anyone else experience that?
2) Colors seem a little 'off' on screen--again over saturated--and not the easiest to see in the sun.
3) Unit starts as soon as soon I open the door. Not a big deal but should be
noted. It turns off after a short time if you don't start the car or atleast put in ACC mode.
4) Can not get the NAV voice to work--I've messed with all the settings. Not sure what I am missing.

Stuff I believe a software update could fix:
- If you hit the power off (center volume button) the time is off / not the same time that the rest of the system sees. For me its an hour fast.
- No way to turn off the screen while driving at night.
- Temp shows in Celsius.
- Loud beep when turning off unit
- TPMS screen does not show anything except all 0's for all four tires. The cluster gauge on the car reads it fine.
- Radio does not show station/song/artist information like the stock radio did. Obviously our radios have the function built in so this is a software issue.

I believe most of the above can at least be fixed by updated software/tweaks. For $300 it was a great upgrade--can't wait until engineering mode is broken or at least we can get updates from the manufacturer/new builds.

sarcean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
Also I am sure some have noticed the NAV maps come from iGo which has a website http://naviextras.com/ for new maps. It looks like it will be easy enough to update maps in the future with the memory card once we figure out what device maps they are using (since we don't even know the manufacturer of this device).

Still hope I figure get the NAV voice directions to work. I've messed with the settings in and out of the NAV app.

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
I haven't been able to get my Navs voice prompts to work either.

Jasonhol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
I recently installed this in my sons car and initially the voice prompts were working. Then after a couple of days it stopped. I was able to get the navigation voice prompts working again by resetting the system. Just press the I on main screen then reset.
Worked for me!

S550EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP MAN
As for input setting...Which I would call the touch screen setting...I had the same issue at first. I found somewhere in there a page that had a "Calibration" button. Find that and do the Touch Screen Calibration. That seemed to fix mine.

For the Nav sound, I tried "resetting" the nav unit several times but still no sound..... :(

I messed w/ the all the settings a lot today and I still have no sound from the nav.
At one point I changed the setting and the navigation would not work at all, it took me a while to be able to display the map again. :frusty: :doh:

Hopefully one of you will have an idea about what to do...

Thanks for your help
Sponsored