Sponsored

Today I learned that mustangs aren't for everyone.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I'm just glad you showed him his forum so he can read this thread and see how cool we are with or without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
imo :clap2:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Firststang

Firststang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 magnetic grey mustang 5.0 gt
He has got to be upside down huge cash on that car. Thinking his next ride will be a sweet huffy beach cruser.
On a positive note I just finished installing a Corsa sport cat back system this morning. Hope it's not illegal to drive with an erection! The sound is amazing. Highly recommend this for everyone.

Hwy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I must have hit the mother load with my GT. No rattles, no thuds, no misaligned panels. A bullet proof automatic. My car must have been made early in the shift when everyone was still paying attention to what they were doing.:shrug:
Most automatics don't make the driveline noises

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Sometimes there is a fool and his money, but how did they get together in the first place ? :shrug:

3 pedal metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've had my Gt for a year and couldn't be happier.

My GT had dash squeaks, I fixed them. My GT had some body alignment issues and a transmission that used to thud before I changed fluid and shifter. But for all its little imperfections, it puts a big ass smile on my face every time I push the pedal.
I love my GT too.
But those panel gaps.... Did you get gaps fixed under warranty? I'm hoping they can be fixed under warranty but have yet to check.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Firststang

Firststang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I love my GT too.
But those panel gaps.... Did you get gaps fixed under warranty? I'm hoping they can be fixed under warranty but have yet to check.
It was my driver side quarter panel. Dealer fixed with zero hastle but I got with them within a week of taking delivery.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

jaol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the post. There is something special about the smile we get when we hit the gas.:headbang:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I sure hope he finds this thread. He could've had a Stingray Corvette Z51, or the upcoming grand sport, or for a few grand more, a Z06.... Or a GT350.

Him bragging about getting a deal for $67k is like shooting yourself in the foot, and yelling that you can aim!

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Wait WHAT?!?

I dont believe that at all. There is no way that someone paid 67k for a regular gt. I dont believe that for one second.

Did he not look at other prices and realize hes paying almost double?

Sponsored

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I've had my Gt for a year and couldn't be happier. About 6 months ago my neighbor got 2015 gt 50th anniversary pack. He was prompt to show it to me bragged about how he got a deal at $67k for the car. (ill pause for you to laugh here)
A few days later he comes knocking on my door upset that his manual transmission thuds when shifting between 2nd and 3rd. I know this is a well documented issue. My gt used to do it and I'm still not sure if it went away or I just got used to it. I drove his car, showed him this forum and tried to help him understand that there was nothing to worry about.
For weeks after he would try to complain to me about his car and how Ford ripped him off and today he has it parked on the street with writing on the Windows slamming Ford, the dealer, and mustangs in general.

My GT had dash squeaks, I fixed them. My GT had some body alignment issues and a transmission that used to thud before I changed fluid and shifter. But for all its little imperfections, it puts a big ass smile on my face every time I push the pedal.
Perhaps it's because my GT cost half what his did (no 50th pack for me), or perhaps it's because most people don't buy a Mustang hoping for it to be a status symbol I'll never know.
But I do know where someone can get a good deal on a gently used GT! My neighbor can go buy a 3 series.
Sorry to hijack but what do you mean you changed the fluid? I am interested as my car does this. I didn't think anything of it due to a few F150s I've been in doing the same thing.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
In before your neighbor sees this.

OP
OP
Firststang

Firststang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Not exactly sure why it works but amisoil worked great. Although to be honest I changed over to mgw for my shifter at the same time. May be placebo effect or just that the mgw is so much smoother than stock I physically make better shifts.
There are lots of threads on this though written by people smarter than I.

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
After 2 days of driving mine, I've found if you shift it properly, it won't "thump". This car is not very forgiving when downshifting. I've found blipping the throttle on a downshift eliminates any thumping. Upshifting still takes a clever left foot. It's the nature of the beast. I suspect a lighter driveshaft would cure this common issue.
No Squeeks or rattles in mine at all. Body panels are spot on compared to my buddies '15.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
perhaps the whining your neighbour hears would cease if he shut his mouth?
Sponsored