Sponsored

Time to Learn how to Drive Stick

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
FYI, rental car companies in America do not have manuals available. You'll need to find a friend with one to borrow or something like that.
Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
So much hate in this thread for a young kid that has become successful.

Since some of you can't handle young and successful, come to LA. The amount of young and successful people here is astounding. Think a 26 year old is too young to drive a GT350? Thats nothing. Theres 26 year olds here driving Porsche 911's and Ferraris.
They would hate me too I guess - purchased my Porsche 911 in mint condition with cash at age 27. Numerous other cars added since.

-college dropout.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I've had more fun in the deserts of California in a Samurai than I could possibly put in to words. My buddy owned one and we bit the snot out of that thing in the desert and it just kept going. He even laid it on its side in some sand dunes. We just uprighted it and kept driving.
Same here that thing was a tank. It's only downfall acceleration and speed. I had an 8" lift with 33's there was no where it wouldn't go, just not fast :headbang:

Two cars I wish I never got rid of my 87 samurai and my 86 SVO:frusty:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Im still shocked they ever made that car street legal in the US, seems like a small gust of wind could tip it over!

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Im still shocked they ever made that car street legal in the US, seems like a small gust of wind could tip it over!
The test making it flip were pretty extreme. I had a girlfriend driving one night and she spun us out going about 40 and into a plowed filled, stayed on two wheels! I also got hit in the rear corner from a guy going 45 and ran a stop sign. Spun me out two times across 4 lanes of traffic. Didn't flip and barely smashed the rear end...it was wet at the time and the guy was in a karma gia.

Sponsored

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So after 6 months of waiting my dealer finally got my VIN# and Build week. My dad is going to get a rental car so I can learn, or I was thinking of calling the track near me and maybe they have lessons I can take.

How long after the build week will I possible recieve my car, I hear 2-4 weeks?

Also what can I do with the VIN#, I hear you can go somewhere to get the sticker and see the progress of your car?

Thanks Guys :)
Just did this myself. I ended up borrowing a vehicle from the dealer while I waited since I couldn't find a rental car. Who do ya'll know who rents manuals?

Don't stress too hard. It literally took a few hours to get used to it. I then just drove around my neighborhood, over a couple of days, getting it all down.

I ended up killing the 350 a few times even after I got it. The spring that they put on the clutch is pretty surprising sometimes! OOPS! :)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I ended up killing the 350 a few times even after I got it. The spring that they put on the clutch is pretty surprising sometimes! OOPS! :)
Yes on the return its pretty snappy. Ive been driving manuals for almost 15 years now and Ive almost stalled it 2 or 3 times with how quickly it disengages with the spring assist. Removing the spring might actually make it a bit easier to learn otherwise the learning curve is a bit steeper compared to other manuals.

The spring is coming out before I try to teach my wife :ninja:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
They would hate me too I guess - purchased my Porsche 911 in mint condition with cash at age 27. Numerous other cars added since.

-college dropout.
Nobody is hating on you, least not this guy. OP wanted input on what he should do, even his dad is/was thinking of renting a car to learn driving a manual on. Now giving your input is hating.

Usually with threads like this it is hard to persuade the OP, especially when they've already made their decision. I know I made a crazy decision when I got my first and only bike. :headbonk:

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
Another car that only comes with a stick:

911R - Basically a GT3 RS minus the big wing and 50kg lighter. Same 4.0L 500HP engine as in the GT3 RS but no mandatory PDK!! Stick only!! Yay Porsche!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

***** Only 991 cars will be built. Top speed 201 MPH *****

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Yup - and the new 911R is going for $500,000!

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Yup - and the new 911R is going for $500,000!
With ADM? I thought it was $180,000.

And that car is hideous with both red and black stripes and yellow calipers.

DaveH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche, Tech Pack
I was lucky enough to get an allocation for the 911R, dealer owed me a favor after they dropped the ball on my RS order.

Was planning on taking it but on Thursday someone offered $175k over for my allocation, needless to say I took the deal!

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
[MENTION=20720]DaveH[/MENTION] so someone paid you directly $175k to take your allocation? Jesus, it really does take money to make money. Pretty sure the 'ol wifey wouldn't have been too pleased if she found out you passed on that offer.

And OP, enjoy life, I was 26 when I bought my GT-R. You only get one go around. Just my $0.02 I think the resentment came when you mentioned your Dad and people automatically assumed you were a trust fund kid with more money than brains, which seems to not be that case. While I wouldn't personally advocate learning how to drive manual on a GT350 (kind of like learning to ride a bike on a Hayabusa imo) do what you need to do. Take it easy. You said you had a 300hp (so probbably 260-280ish whp) GT, the GT350 is roughly 1.7 times the wheel hp. So almost double the car. Trust me, it's going to be a huge jump, and easy to get in trouble. Enjoy it, live life, be safe.

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
And that car is hideous with both red and black stripes and yellow calipers.
Those stripes are historic colors dated back to 1967, much like the Shelby.

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

DaveH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche, Tech Pack
@DaveH so someone paid you directly $175k to take your allocation? Jesus, it really does take money to make money. Pretty sure the 'ol wifey wouldn't have been too pleased if she found out you passed on that offer.
Yes, exactly right. I'm not a flipper, it's not my style, but I'm not going to turn down an offer like that if someone wants it that badly. It's a mad world, it really is.
Sponsored