Time from unscheduled clean to vin?

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
My order status finally changed to unscheduled clean today after hounding the regional rep. When should I get a vin?
Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
OP
OP
bdub85

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
It's when the order is ready to be picked up by the ford ordering system. I'm hoping for a vin Thursday.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I've been at this for more than 7 months and never heard that term. Having the order "accepted" into the system doesn't necessarily mean a VIN is imminent; it just means you're in position with all the other accepted orders to take the next step when a scheduling position opens up, which could take a couple of weeks or a couple of months or ...

I hope your experience means that the front end of the system is now moving faster than it has been. Good luck - Let us know the good news in a couple of days.

Sponsored

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Mine went straight from "material hold" to "scheduled" with VIN. Never heard of unscheduled clean....sounds dirty to me.

OP
OP
bdub85

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
Unscheduled/Clean means:

* unscheduled, as in Ford hasn't scheduled a build date yet.
* clean, as in no holds or material shortages on this car.

After Unscheduled/Clean comes "Sub to Plant" which means submitted to plant, as in your order has been submitted to the assembly plant for a scheduled build date. You should have a VIN by this time at the very latest.

Then comes "bucked" which means the car's chassis is serialized and either on the assembly line or it will be shortly. FYI, it takes 32 hours to build a Mustang, so your car will be on the line for a couple days (so don't worry about getting a "Monday" or "Friday" car - that's just an old-wives-tale).

Then comes "produced" which is an obvious one. Your car has left the plant, and is awaiting transit via train, truck, or both depending on your locality.

"Shipped Rail" means it's on the train heading toward the railhead (where they unload to await a truck/trailer for the final leg of the journey).

"Arrived at Ramp" means it's been unloaded at the end of the railway.

"Shipped Convoy" means it's been loaded onto a truck/trailer and is heading toward the dealership.

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Unscheduled/Clean means:

* unscheduled, as in Ford hasn't scheduled a build date yet.
* clean, as in no holds or material shortages on this car.

After Unscheduled/Clean comes "Sub to Plant" which means submitted to plant, as in your order has been submitted to the assembly plant for a scheduled build date. You should have a VIN by this time at the very latest.

Then comes "bucked" which means the car's chassis is serialized and either on the assembly line or it will be shortly. FYI, it takes 32 hours to build a Mustang, so your car will be on the line for a couple days (so don't worry about getting a "Monday" or "Friday" car - that's just an old-wives-tale).

Then comes "produced" which is an obvious one. Your car has left the plant, and is awaiting transit via train, truck, or both depending on your locality.

"Shipped Rail" means it's on the train heading toward the railhead (where they unload to await a truck/trailer for the final leg of the journey).

"Arrived at Ramp" means it's been unloaded at the end of the railway.

"Shipped Convoy" means it's been loaded onto a truck/trailer and is heading toward the dealership.
Great info! :thumbsup:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yep - it's the next step after the unscheduled/material hold that many of us R buyers are sitting at.

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
Mine has gone this way:
In Order Processing Unscheduled - Clean 6/4
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day 11/7
In Production Sent to Plant 11/10
In Production Body Shop 11/17
In Production Produced 11/18
Awaiting Shipment Released 11/21

Now just waiting for it to get transported to my dealer in Iowa.
Estimated 12/19...........Steve

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Mine went

Unscheduled
Sub to plant
"REV SPECS"??? wtf is that??

btw in canada they also list "REL FR PLT" released from plant.
rsz_dsc_0830.jpg
Sponsored