Sponsored

Thoughts on StopTech Pads?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Anyone use these StopTech pads for street use?

I DD my car, but don't have any canyons to carve so pretty mundane driving day to day. I just want something that will perform as well as stock PP pads, if not better, and these are the cheapest replacements I've found.

I intend to buy the Carbotech XP10s for track days, and those are pretty pricey, which is why I'm looking to go cheap for street pads. If StopTechs are worse than the stock pads than I'm open to other suggestions that are relatively cheap. I would go with the Carbotech 1521s for street, but those look to be pretty expensive and I don't see why I'd need that stopping power on the street.
Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Anyone use these StopTech pads for street use?

I DD my car, but don't have any canyons to carve so pretty mundane driving day to day. I just want something that will perform as well as stock PP pads, if not better, and these are the cheapest replacements I've found.

I intend to buy the Carbotech XP10s for track days, and those are pretty pricey, which is why I'm looking to go cheap for street pads. If StopTechs are worse than the stock pads than I'm open to other suggestions that are relatively cheap. I would go with the Carbotech 1521s for street, but those look to be pretty expensive and I don't see why I'd need that stopping power on the street.
If you want to maintain your OE PP braking (which is very good on track) don't expect a sub $100 pad to do that. We Stock the G-LOC pad line which are a great value. GS-1 compound (1521) will not give up any street performance while being a low dust DD pad that will wear a lot longer. More Info can be found HERE

An R10/R8 G-LOC combo will give you great balance on track and you can drive to the track with them (But I didn't say that ;) )

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a set but won't have my new car till October or so to find out. My money says they will work absolutely fine. I get the need for track pads but everyday driving these will perform no worse than OE pads.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
I went to order a set but they weren't available until August, probably going to give them a try though and then order a set of track pads for when I want to have fun.

There's no reason a stock replacement pad should cost north of $200, even on the Brembo's.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i used stop techs on my challenger and my buddy had full stop techs on his sti , rotors, pads. his car stopped on a dime . and he was 450 plus to the wheels

i went to hawk pads also, id say better for track days ..daily not so much

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Big fan of Hawk HPS for the street. Easy on rotors; little dusting; good initial bite; easy to modulate. Can easily do A/X duty and some HPDE depending on skill level.
Sponsored