Thoughts on 401A package for 2018?

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
the LCD cluster alone for me is worth it. If its anyway backwards compatible i will be trying to get one in my car. My preference of the car setup is just way too much. I would want the 10speed auto 401a with perf pack. which is over 48k. you can get a used hell cat for that much.
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I would totally rock a 1980s display :p

But seriously, you can't compare 30 year old CRT/Intellitronix technology to the LED displays being offered today :)

ds25.jpg
This is the best one:
maxresdefault.jpg

OP
OP
BoomBoy

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Is the regular instrument cluster the same as current mustangs? ('15-'17)

Sponsored

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I would regret not getting the digital dash, that's part of the new upgrades imo. If the 401a is the only way to get it then I say go for it . You are already gonna be spending $$$ and to even ask means you want it so just do it

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
It's a no-brainer, I'd have to get it. I think it would be worth every penny.

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Although this has not been confirmed, I would LOVE to see customizable gauges on the 12 inch Digital Dash. Whether someone hacks it or Ford gets groovy and allows downloads. Think about having a 1965 gauge "theme" download.
IMG_2847.JPG

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
My wife's car has a configurable digital dash while it's flashy and cool looking I find the digits flickering back and forth 1 mph in my periferal vision to be very distracting. Any time.e I drove the car I flip it over to an analog speedo. It is certainly an option I would never pay for.

Her car also has a heated steering wheel, now that is an option I would gladly give up heated seats to get.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Although this has not been confirmed, I would LOVE to see customizable gauges on the 12 inch Digital Dash. Whether someone hacks it or Ford gets groovy and allows downloads. Think about having a 1965 gauge "theme" download.
That would be cool!

Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
My wife's car has a configurable digital dash while it's flashy and cool looking I find the digits flickering back and forth 1 mph in my periferal vision to be very distracting. Any time.e I drove the car I flip it over to an analog speedo. It is certainly an option I would never pay for.

Her car also has a heated steering wheel, now that is an option I would gladly give up heated seats to get.
That's funny - my current car has a digital speedo - a big one right in the center of the gauge cluster. If the flicker between 1mph increments would bother anyone, I would imagine that it would be me...but I honestly can't say that I've noticed it.

Now the heated steering wheel - people don't seem to get this. For those saying, "Oh wow, a heated wheel...what a waste of money". They either 1) don't live in a cold weather state, or 2) have never used one.

I'm with you - I like heated seats, but would gladly give them up for a heated steering wheel :D

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
The '65 had the long horizontal speedometer unless it was a GT. Now '66 had the '65 GT cluster, but it was one gauge in the center, photo posted is aftermarket. But I agree, throwback is cool!
Now, with all the price increases on the '18, the big question is, will this help keep the value up on our '15-'17's?

MRose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Now, with all the price increases on the '18, the big question is, will this help keep the value up on our '15-'17's?
No. They'll probably end up spending a lot on incentives with the new model to keep the volume reasonable. With the '18s price there's no reason to not just go buy a Camaro. It's a better car for the money.

Last edited:

Pablo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
No. They'll probably end up sending a lot on incentives with the new model to keep the volume reasonable. With the '18s price there's no reason to not just go buy a Camaro. It's a better car for the money.
Agree. Ford can price the MSRP wherever they want to but after the new wears off the market will determine selling prices.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
I am not wealthy but at this stage in the game I'm going for it. I ordered a 2018 GT Premium, Oxford White, 6 sp. , 3:55 rear, Active Valve Exhaust, 401A package with all the included stuff, Black leather with show stopper inserts, polished 19 inch wheels , spoiler delete, I traded my 2015 GT Premium with not a mark on her and 26,000 miles.

My car and $16,000.00 OTD.
Sponsored