Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Are you sure the CG-lock fits the GT350 buckle? I bought one and tried it. As far as I can tell CG-lock is not designed for the GT350 style buckle. On the bright side, the Ford 3 points do lock nicely when used on the track.

Plus most HANS devices require helmet mods.

SA2015 and up should have hans provisions built in. I believe SA2010 is modifiable but not tested in the anchor areas.
Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I have read this too. I was surprised that Ford Performance at the GT350 track attack was running only 4 point harnesses and no HANS. My understanding is some of the current 4 points on the market give a little at the top to reduce other problems that can occur with a harness.

Your thoughts?
The Schroth 4 Point System has an anti-submarine feature built into the inboard shoulder belt. So its the only system most tracks will allow. I have it in two of my cars and have used for many years. Works great to keep you in the seat during track event -- much better than the OEM 3 pt belt.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Schroth 4 Point System has an anti-submarine feature built into the inboard shoulder belt. So its the only system most tracks will allow. I have it in two of my cars and have used for many years. Works great to keep you in the seat during track event -- much better than the OEM 3 pt belt.
I bought a Schroth 4 point for this purpose, but I am waiting to get the cooler thing worked out prior to installing it. Ford Performance used Safecraft harnesses at the GT350 track attack. I also noticed that they were a huge improvement over the 3 point and it makes a big difference when you can relax and focus on driving rather than working to keep yourself in position.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
This is what I have. It also is designed to work with their HANS device. Worked great on my last track day.

https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/products/shr-flex

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Are you sure the CG-lock fits the GT350 buckle? I bought one and tried it. As far as I can tell CG-lock is not designed for the GT350 style buckle. On the bright side, the Ford 3 points do lock nicely when used on the track.
Interesting. I haven't actually bothered to test fit or even look closely, LOL.

After doing the FP Driving School I like the idea of a 4-point harness, since the added support does make everything else easier. I don't want a cage though so I'll probably end up just staying stock.

-T

Sponsored

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
SA2015 and up should have hans provisions built in. I believe SA2010 is modifiable but not tested in the anchor areas.
Most SA2010 have the HANS anchor points pre-drilled. SA2005 is the one without it.
Sponsored