Sponsored

This car hurts so good!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Never had to keep such a close eye on a car before. Thanks to Tank's thread, I was able to catch the brake line before it popped off the master cylinder. I feel like I own an old classic car where you have to constantly maintain it. I don't care, I still love it. :cheers:
Sponsored

Flat Rock Flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
+1

I'm constantly fawning over this thing and it takes up way too much of my time doing so, but damn if I've ever driven/heard/felt/experienced a ride like this one...it's worth it.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Its worth it... it really is.
Sport mode...3500 RPM in 2nd gear...
Floor it fast..hear the tires squeal....
Feel the grabbing of the tires
hear that exhaust unload , the engine wind up to 8,000
The sound of the shifting that high in the RPM band is intoxicating.
The only thrill i get that's similar is winding out my cycles.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
+1

I'm constantly fawning over this thing and it takes up way too much of my time doing so, but damn if I've ever driven/heard/felt/experienced a ride like this one...it's worth it.
It's a good feeling when even though I've had this car for over a year, I still catch myself saying "God damn that looks so good!" to my own car. :lol:

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Its worth it... it really is.
Sport mode...3500 RPM in 2nd gear...
Floor it fast..hear the tires squeal....
Feel the grabbing of the tires
hear that exhaust unload , the engine wind up to 8,000
The sound of the shifting that high in the RPM band is intoxicating.
The only thrill i get that's similar is winding out my cycles.
Sometimes I'll upshift to accelerate just so I can hear the engine start to load up. It really is glorious. :ford:

Sponsored

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
OK, impromptu poll: After you park, get out, and walk away, do you look back at her: (1) every time, (2) most of the time, (3) occasionally, or (4) never ? (be honest, guys)

I'll go first: (1) every damn time!

HaleFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
OK, impromptu poll: After you park, get out, and walk away, do you look back at her: (1) every time, (2) most of the time, (3) occasionally, or (4) never ? (be honest, guys)

I'll go with option (0)...I backpedal away :D

People in parking lots probably think I'm a nutter

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It's a good feeling when even though I've had this car for over a year, I still catch myself saying "God damn that looks so good!" to my own car. :lol:
I get it. Now, how many other sports cars rev their engine at you as you/they go by? Its happened to me numerous times. Yesterday when I was driving on a 4 lane highway, the other two lanes are about 75 yards apart. I didn't even notice a C7 corvette going the opposite direction, but he noticed me and revved it hard (this is on a 65MPH highway) I heard him a bit late, so I looked in my rear view. It must really upset some guys that we don't notice them. I think its that we are so in love with our own cars we don't give a rip!

I love to blip the throttle before downshifting, sounds good. Sometimes, and you will know what I mean, if you hesitate ( RPM drops too low) before blipping the throttle, you will have to give a couple quick compressions to get it going. If there is a downside to the car, thats what I don't like, the lag in the throttle when at idle rpm band. It can probably be tuned out of the car, and will do it after my 8 years are up. haha

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
+1

Ditto, I had the hood open yesterday and wife came out and said, "are you kidding me, blah blah blah....you just got the thing.... blah blah blah..... you seem more interested in it than me..... blah blah blah..... you are constantly working on it.... blah blah blah".... I tuned out soon after....

the car is extremely entertaining and enjoyable!

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

I'll say #1 since the first thing i do when exiting my car is go check out how close to the front curb i'm parked ! :doh:

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Never had to keep such a close eye on a car before. Thanks to Tank's thread, I was able to catch the brake line before it popped off the master cylinder. I feel like I own an old classic car where you have to constantly maintain it. I don't care, I still love it. :cheers:
I am a masochist!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Cold starts in a garage are orgasmic
Thanks for posting that in this thread:lol:

Thanks for the props [MENTION=19414]Shift[/MENTION]. The real hero in that one is [MENTION=28002]cking[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Last edited:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Thanks for posting that in this thread:lol:

Thanks for the props [MENTION=19414]Shift[/MENTION]. The real hero in that one is [MENTION=28002]cking[/MENTION] :thumbsup:
I found it in regular mustang forum and was worried that the 350 guys would not see it. So like gossip I was just spreading the word.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I get it. Now, how many other sports cars rev their engine at you as you/they go by? Its happened to me numerous times. Yesterday when I was driving on a 4 lane highway, the other two lanes are about 75 yards apart. I didn't even notice a C7 corvette going the opposite direction, but he noticed me and revved it hard (this is on a 65MPH highway) I heard him a bit late, so I looked in my rear view. It must really upset some guys that we don't notice them. I think its that we are so in love with our own cars we don't give a rip!

I love to blip the throttle before downshifting, sounds good. Sometimes, and you will know what I mean, if you hesitate ( RPM drops too low) before blipping the throttle, you will have to give a couple quick compressions to get it going. If there is a downside to the car, thats what I don't like, the lag in the throttle when at idle rpm band. It can probably be tuned out of the car, and will do it after my 8 years are up. haha
I basically mind my own business, and don't look over at someone unless it's obvious they want me to acknowledge them in some way. Whenever I get flagged by someone, it's always been a positive response!

Funny you mention 8 years, because I also got the longest warranty Ford sold :thumbsup:

Ditto, I had the hood open yesterday and wife came out and said, "are you kidding me, blah blah blah....you just got the thing.... blah blah blah..... you seem more interested in it than me..... blah blah blah..... you are constantly working on it.... blah blah blah".... I tuned out soon after....

the car is extremely entertaining and enjoyable!
I think I married your wife's spiritual twin. :lol:

Cold starts in a garage are orgasmic
Yes they were! Then I found out you could actually start it up in normal mode by depressing the clutch for 5 seconds to cycle the valves... Have to think of the neighbors on those early weekend mornings. Before that, I justified it by not having a choice... That's not the case anymore. :lol:

#1. It reminds me that I made the car perfect, and just the way I wanted it.

maxresdefault.jpg
Sponsored