Sponsored

The Winter/Snow Photo Thread 2015/2016

ghostmag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium Shadow Black
Quick pic on my way in to work the other day. Stock wheels(19") and tires(Pirelli all seasons). I have sandbags in the trunk, but we haven't had a whole lot of snow for me to really say how good or bad it is, but so far it's fine. I'm loving the automatic start though, it does a lot to help clear the windows.
snow stang.jpg
Sponsored

ghostmag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium Shadow Black
Has anyone even seen of photoed the mystical hood horse during cold weather?
Nope, and I was looking forward to it. Nothing so far.

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
It's depressing seeing it like this
image.jpg

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
Thanks...I have Michelin Ice X tires and I think they are ranked second to Blizzaks. Now in a storm like this (see video) we had 6 years ago, I doubt the Coyote would handle. With the Suby AWD, I had no fear of any whether conditions I would go out and adventure while everyone is staying off the roads.
tell me about it, i had a '03 wrx and did the same thing it was a blast. guys with plows on their trucks were quiet surprised to see me!

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
3" down now, with 20" more to go lol!

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
ST and Mustang freezin' their asses off in the driveway. two hours into winter storm Jonas.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Car looks pretty!!...If I were you, I would go for some drifting/donuts and take cool shots before the snow deepens.

Nice pic! and Lol! No way! I was super nervous just pulling it out of the garage afraid that the NT05's wouldn't grip and slide around :lol:.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lowrider

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe

Last night we got tons of snow, about 5" plus and it was another ultimate test for the Stang. This time it was about going up a really steep hill off a highway.

This particular hill had not been plowed and had 2 Hondas stuck struggling mid way. As soon as I turned in, the Stang just sat and got stuck. I just reversed back to the highway shoulder and continued to use another route.

Conclusion, the Stang cannot make it up steep hills that are not plowed. My suby was beastly going up that hill.

Last edited:

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1

Last night we got tons of snow, about 5" plus and it was another ultimate test for the Stang. This time it was about going up a really steep hill off a highway.

This particular hill had not been plowed and had 2 Hondas stuck struggling mid way. As soon as turned in, the Stang just sat and got stuck. I just reversed back to the highway shoulder and continued to use another route.

Conclusion, the Stang cannot make it up steep hills that are not plowed. My suby was beast going up that hill.
we got snow too. this is the worst type - wet and dense. it packs down and then with the temps near freezing the stuff that melts a little becomes icy.

no problems with me... this morning at the drive thru with slight incline, the mini van in front of me was spinning, backed up, spun more, slid to the right... i didnt have an issue cuz i crept, low torue :)

but yeah the subbie with good tires is hard to beat!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lowrider

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
we got snow too. this is the worst type - wet and dense. it packs down and then with the temps near freezing the stuff that melts a little becomes icy.

no problems with me... this morning at the drive thru with slight incline, the mini van in front of me was spinning, backed up, spun more, slid to the right... i didnt have an issue cuz i crept, low torue :)

but yeah the subbie with good tires is hard to beat!

Yeah....The torque is a huge plus on the Stang...It gives it that momentum to keep going in slushy snow conditions on straight roads and mild decent hills...

I had some guy in front on me in an Audi and he was having fun showing me his AWD ability to accelerate faster than me... He would take a turn and go sideways coming out...

I showed him I could also go sideways exiting out of a turn... I tried keeping up with him but the Stang was getting tail happy so I just gave up and kept it in 3rd to maintain the grip....

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
lol

Sponsored