Sponsored

The Wait Is Over: Ford Euro sites finally updated with Configurator and price list

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
File folder structure or file names are not really relevant, because the system uses the ID3 tags inside the MP3 files. You need to set up all your mp3 files with correctly filled ID3v2.3 tags containing (at least) ARTIST, ALBUM and TITLE.

When you insert the USB stick the system will index these 3 fields from all mp3 tracks to a voice recognition database. Depending on how many tracks you have this takes several minutes. The maximum indexing capacity is 15.000 tags, so in total 5.000 tracks (3 tags per track).
Also noticed that my songs have already more than 3 tags. Maybe 5-6 tags (year, genre etc)
So does this mean that the capacity will be less than 5000 songs? Should I remove all unecessary tags and keep only three in order to have the maximum reading capacity?
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Also noticed that my songs have already more than 3 tags. Maybe 5-6 tags (year, genre etc)
So does this mean that the capacity will be less than 5000 songs? Should I remove all unecessary tags and keep only three in order to have the maximum reading capacity?
No, additional tags are not a problem. The system ignores those when indexing. It does however diplay some of them when you play a track. I remember it displays the GENRE tag (which ai personally find rather useless) and one more but I forgot which one.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Thanks for the reply. Good thing is that you can always have 5000 songs. So with 3-4 thumb drives you can have alot of music always with you.

By the way, the USB ports (next to cigarette lighter and inside armrest) are independant sources i.e. USB1 , USB2 ?

In some programs i.e. DJ etc. you can sort tracks by genre. So some tags are useless/usefull depending on usage.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
Gratz Eric!!! :) Such a big smile!!! ahahah we can understand you! :coolphotos:

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
Sweeet car man! I kinda regret not getting the recaros. Consider me jealous ;)

Now drive it like you stole it.

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
congrats Eric, nice car, enjoy it!

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That's epic! I'm so happy for you :) And well jealous, I thought we'd be getting ours at the same time!!! Enjoy it, for me, please :)

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Gratulerer! Can't believe you got your before mine - though mine is in the country now it won't be with dealer till after the weekend... And then they can start prepping it for me...

Though I'm no longer sure I can afford it :'(

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Thanks guys!

I will have to wait 36 more days for delivery though, because I want to have it on a 2016 registration. Because of the stupid way used cars are valued over here this will save me about 3.500 euro in depreciation.

The good thing is this will give me plenty of time to have the wheels powdercoated and the ugly diffusor insert painted :)

Dennis_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2.3 Ecoboost - Fastback - Custom Pack - Magnetic
Thanks guys!

I will have to wait 36 more days for delivery though, because I want to have it on a 2016 registration. Because of the stupid way used cars are valued over here this will save me about 3.500 euro in depreciation.

The good thing is this will give me plenty of time to have the wheels powdercoated and the ugly diffusor insert painted :)
Too bad the CO2 taxes are raised on the 1st of januari.
So the car is suddenly 4200 euros more....

This is why I did a registration on december 1st. :)

But if you signed the deal in 2015 they will charge you the 2015 price.
Mine is leased... so they will charge anything they can.
But I don't mind a 2015 registration. I'll give the car back in 3 years and get a new one once again.

Love to see your Tripple Yellow one in real life!
Sponsored