Sponsored

The wait begins: MY18 ordered & Plans for modding!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Though its absolutely months away, I was planning my MY15 car two years before taking ownership. I was so early in placing my deposit, several months before the whole premier league nonsense and I was planning my modifications, many of which I made happen, some of which I changed my mind and some of which I did and then changed my mind again down the line. Damn this hobby cost some money! :D

So here is what I have provisionally ordered (should go through in September) and should go for build around December with delivery for Spring 2018.

- V8 Fastback RHD export
- 10-speed auto 3.55 Torsen
- Orange Fury (Other potentials is yellow or keep it boring old man magnetic)
- Shadow Pack with nav (theory is black trim, black badges, black PP wheels)
- Black roof
- Recaro Ebony heated/cool seats
- Version 5 upgrade (no idea)
- Adaptive dampening (magneride)
- 12" Digital Dash (STD)
- Active Quad Exhaust (STD)
- Performance Package (STD)

Pretty much sums up the specification I have gone for, now for modifications:

Engine

- Panel filter (£50)
- Tune from a tuner who buys their own MY18 and tunes it in house, most likely Lund, AED or Ken Bjonnes (£200)
- Full Headers with race cats, shall be UK brand as will be available in time (Cybox). (£1500)
- Stock active exhaust shall be retained as with headers will sound nice, if more volume required then centre resonator delete and change for H or X pipe will suffice. (£250)
- End goal of 550HP / 450lb/ft NA!
- Performance: 0-60 3.5s / 0-100 7.5s / 1/4 mile 11.5@125mph (but none with me driving! :D )

Brakes & Driveline

- Shelby GT350R front and rear brake conversion! (£3000)
- Carbon fibre driveshaft (£1000) if one exist for 10-speed!

Suspension

- DSC 350/350R magneride controller, but only if stock is too lacking, I feel there will be no need for this upgrade! £1000
- 350R springs or Eibach offering, but only if stock ride height is to high! (£500)
- BMR CB005 if required (£250) - SHALL KEEP MY CURRENT CB005 if fits
- 350/350R Anti-Roll bars if required (£500)
- BMR Spherical Vertical links if required (£250) - SHALL KEEP MY CURRENT ones if fit

Interior

- Ford Carbon trim package (£500)
- Shelby GT 350R rear seat delete (£1000)
- LED's throughout (£50)
- Subwoofer delete
- Either fit my current GT350 wheel or get the stock heated wheel re-trimmed in alcantara
- Re-trim in alcantara of interior parts (to match US full carbon package)

Exterior

- Fit my current 19x10 square wheels all round with stock Mustang PS4S tyres all round
- Black mirrors
- Black badges throughout
- Black Mustang rocker stripes
- Roush winglets
- Red rear lights
- Rear cable sequential mod (keep my current one if fits)
- Hopefully some front sequential indicators like I have now will come out as refuse to open up headlights
- Change the styling of the stock front bumper to improve its appearance
- OR big front-end makeover, if a GT350 styled front bumper comes out, that shall be fitted.

This time the list is much shorter and simpler, of course I shall change my mind 1000+ times. :D

As my other thread I shall keep updated once I take delivery with the only change being that I see US owners taking deliveries and customising their vehicles I will no doubt get more/new ideas which I can add to the final design of mine.

But in short, keep it NA, aim for 550HP and pull some weight out the car, with theory being along with 10-speed will make it more than quick enough to keep up with those supercharged loonies and very rapid whilst still in double digits simply due to traction and shorter ratios from ten speeder.

My true dream would be externally just to turn it into an MY18 GT350 replica style wise, that won't be 100% possible due to differences but as the real weakness of 2018 is the front bumper I am hoping a few nice options come out.

I've made this thread for those interested in following, but also for myself because what I feel I want now could be very different in six months time. :D :lol:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Your order is pretty much bang on what I'd order! :cheers:

I do love Magnetic, but the Mustang (in my opinion) is one of few cars that can pull off subtle (ie Magnentic) or high-impact (ie Orange Fury). I do think the high-impact colours need the blackout option (roof.....and I'd do badges/mirrors and vents, too)

Can't wait to try the 10-speed auto......I think it'll be a terrific match to Coyote V3.

So......when you upgrade to your S650, can I have first dibs on your '18? :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I know you love the GT350-look for the front end. Hopefully the "GT500" or whatever the next halo-Stang will be called, will have a similar front end, or at least a more aggressive one than the stock GT.....and it'll already be adapted to the '18 look (ie revised headlamps etc).

And we've yet to see what the Roush fascia looks like for '18......or Steeda......

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your order is pretty much bang on what I'd order! :cheers:

I do love Magnetic, but the Mustang (in my opinion) is one of few cars that can pull off subtle (ie Magnentic) or high-impact (ie Orange Fury). I do think the high-impact colours need the blackout option (roof.....and I'd do badges/mirrors and vents, too)

Can't wait to try the 10-speed auto......I think it'll be a terrific match to Coyote V3.

So......when you upgrade to your S650, can I have first dibs on your '18? :D

Haha, I am hoping Ford totally fuck up S650, because if its another stunning car looks wise and technology wise, then yes you got first dibs on the MY18.

Oh too anyone who says MY18 is ugly, your an idiot, MY15 is an absolutely gorgeous car and MY18 is still a stunner and still easily recognised at first glance as a Mustang from any angle, but I will accept and agree from the front MY15 is a better looker. But that is why the front of my MY18 will get some tweaking or a big make over. :D

I know you love the GT350-look for the front end. Hopefully the "GT500" or whatever the next halo-Stang will be called, will have a similar front end, or at least a more aggressive one than the stock GT.....and it'll already be adapted to the '18 look (ie revised headlamps etc).

And we've yet to see what the Roush fascia looks like for '18......or Steeda......

GT500 is the only thing which could throw a spanner in the works for me, there is rumour to suggest that GT500 will be global, if that is true then I will cancel my MY18 order and change to the GT500 and then pretty much leave that car standard, but only on the basis Ford allow selection of 10-speed which I believe they will as we already know the ten speeder can handle big power and big torque. :)

But yes GT500 replica could be an option if GT500 is not global as the GT500 will have a nicer front-end guaranteed and it will be MY18 styled headlights etc.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Gonna look cool mate.....but are you sure you've made the right decision:shrug::shrug:

Only last Sunday you said you were considering one of these:D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do like those eyelashes, might have to get me some of those on the mod list. :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna look cool mate.....but are you sure you've made the right decision:shrug::shrug:

He was.. the black contrasting roof ;)!

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power

Stick a Focus RS or ST badge on it , and Ford fair will be full of them next year :headbonk:

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
What will you do with your current car? Strip it, or try to sell as is? You've put so much work into it would be a shame to see it all undone.

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Sounds great Gibbo and congrats on the order, spring will be here in no time. Interesting your going all black wheels, surround, roof, stripes etc it will look epic! With the purchase price and mods will be 52K plus motor but worth it I'm sure. Let the excitement begin!

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I'm already the beneficiary of a small piece of Gibbo's asset stripping. Fitted his old GT350 engine brace today and love it. I just stared at the engine bay for 10 minutes. A Ford Fair bargain, thank you Gibbo

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm already the beneficiary of a small piece of Gibbo's asset stripping. Fitted his old GT350 engine brace today and love it. I just stared at the engine bay for 10 minutes. A Ford Fair bargain, thank you Gibbo

I shall probably be stripping more parts over coming weeks/months which are not necessary for its day to day running, like Power Pack 3 and other bits, as long as the looks/sound remain the same the rest will come off.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Gibbo.....apologies if I missed this elsewhere, but I'd be interested in knowing which dealer you're using. I don't need to tell you 99.9% of dealers are next to useless (in terms of their knowledge of Mustangs, at least!) so it's always good to have a recommended dealer "on the radar".........it'd be nice to be able to point people in the direction of somewhere reputable, should they ask :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gibbo.....apologies if I missed this elsewhere, but I'd be interested in knowing which dealer you're using. I don't need to tell you 99.9% of dealers are next to useless (in terms of their knowledge of Mustangs, at least!) so it's always good to have a recommended dealer "on the radar".........it'd be nice to be able to point people in the direction of somewhere reputable, should they ask :)
For warranty/service work I am using Burns Ford in Congleton which is a smaller family run Ford dealership.

The service and workmanship is nothing but superb!

They are not a Fordstore so do not get preferential allocation from Ford, hence for sales/ordering of new car I use Bristol Street Stoke-on-Trent as the sales guys are great, I wish I could order the car via Burns in Congleton but they would only order via another dealership as such making them middle men.

Unfortunately service/warranty from Bristol Street was nothing short of appalling, but Burns in Congleton are superb and on the positive side are even closer to where I live.