Sponsored

The Grand Tour - Amazon

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
For anyone interested, the first episode is up and can be viewed now. I'm only 3mins in but i already love it, 3 mustangs (Galpin Rocket, Roush Mustang) and last but not least a GT350R to start things off!
Sponsored

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Watched this, great show! The opening with the three Mustangs was sweet.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I'll have to start watching it on my hot tub nights! Have a streaming stick with Amazon prime so when the wife's watching her girly shows in the house I can watch mine in peace!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Good first episode!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I watched it. I did like it but got bored a few times. Felt like it they were forcing a long episode...like had to stretch every minute.

Sponsored

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The opening was cool, I was happy to see our car! I wish they used a GT350R, a GS Vette, and a Viper ACR though... would be more merica'

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If I'm honest, I wasn't that impressed... but way better than the new Top Gear.

The opening scene I thought was actually kind of dumb. It would have been so much cooler, I think, to have a sort of brief homage to "Race Wars" from Fast and Furious as they were in the desert and it would have made sense. Kind of like they pull through the big crowd of people, making fun of everyone of course, and then drag race each other in a 1/2 mile to some heavy metal music until James' car breaks down, and they immediately get into making fun of him at the finish line. The concert stage thing felt like a Harley rally to me... meh. For something they said they pad a lot of money for... it didn't seem all that expensive.

I laughed a bunch of times, yes, but the celebrities dying outside of the tent thing was, well... dumb. As were the little into videos to "Conversation Street", etc.

I think even though they are the trio they have some kinks to work out and the camera work needs a little bit of that "movie-grade" quality that Top Gear ended up having in its last few years with them more often.

But good to see them back together again.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
IMO the episode was worth it just to see the three hypercars on the track together. Amazed they pulled that off - they failed for a year.

I'm not sure how well it will play out on Amazon. Will we get the huge jabs at Americans they used to do? No. We'll get contrived audience brawls between the RAF and USAF - it's patronizing rather than edgy. And arguments over the proper use of bonnet and petrol - that's low hanging fruit. Will we get the incredibly offensive comments about Mexico that landed Hammond in trouble? No. Although that's probably for the best.

It felt familiar, and good enough as a bridge to the series. The production quality and camera work was excellent.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Well, Chris Harris already pulled off having all three of those cars on the same track on the same day a whole year ago ([ame]). So I was a bit underwhelmed in seeing that whole thing again, but I'll watch anything these guys do (good or not) with a smile. The dumber the better. The intro was great.

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
My main question was who's R is that and why would you have stripes added then drive it across the dessert. That's going to take forever to get the dust and dirt out of that car.

It's still a better show than anything else about cars. You can tell that Amazon did throw some money at it so it should get better as the 3 years and 36 episodes go on.

Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
If I'm honest, I wasn't that impressed... but way better than the new Top Gear.

The opening scene I thought was actually kind of dumb. It would have been so much cooler, I think, to have a sort of brief homage to "Race Wars" from Fast and Furious as they were in the desert and it would have made sense. Kind of like they pull through the big crowd of people, making fun of everyone of course, and then drag race each other in a 1/2 mile to some heavy metal music until James' car breaks down, and they immediately get into making fun of him at the finish line. The concert stage thing felt like a Harley rally to me... meh. For something they said they pad a lot of money for... it didn't seem all that expensive.

I laughed a bunch of times, yes, but the celebrities dying outside of the tent thing was, well... dumb. As were the little into videos to "Conversation Street", etc.

I think even though they are the trio they have some kinks to work out and the camera work needs a little bit of that "movie-grade" quality that Top Gear ended up having in its last few years with them more often.

But good to see them back together again.
Although I enjoyed the intro with the Mustangs (mostly because I love looking at the 350) you pretty much summed up my thoughts on the episode. The dead celeb bit was just stupid. I get they can't have a celebrity in a reasonably priced car segment but...just let it go.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
For anyone interested, the first episode is up and can be viewed now. I'm only 3mins in but i already love it, 3 mustangs (Galpin Rocket, Roush Mustang) and last but not least a GT350R to start things off!
In a review of the show in "Variety" magazine, they state that all three Mustangs are the Galpin Rocket- in red, white, and blue. Guess I'll have to watch it today and make a ruling. LOL

viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
I was eager to see a review of the first three cars. The hyper cars on the track was already done - and much better IMO - by Chris Harris. I like how Chris hoons around but then also sets a tidy fast lap and actually good commentary. I was bored during most of this first episode, hope it improves.

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Wait, what? A race red R with white stripes? I thought that there were no stripe options for a race red R?
Sponsored