Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
R's aside, with 438 new GT350's listed on cars.com ...
I wonder how accurate the info on Cars.com really is. If that's true, then it's a good indication that not many people are actually willing to pay huge ADM for a regular GT350. Especially when the 2017s are soon to be produced as you mentioned.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I wonder how accurate the info on Cars.com really is. If that's true, then it's a good indication that not many people are actually willing to pay huge ADM for a regular GT350. Especially when the 2017s are soon to be produced as you mentioned.
For comparison there are 1,163 Dodge Challenger Hellcats listed on Cars.com. Some still asking stupid money, but it's easy to find MSRP or under deals now.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Or maybe the reality is the cars sold with an ADM and the listings didn't get updated after the cars were sold. Try contacting some of these dealers; you may be surprised at how many of the listed cars are not available.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Ok have to amend my previous post,

I now paid a $ 2500 not $7000 thanks to a member here Peric45 who gave me a tip on a 2017 that was available.

Boo ya , happy

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
I'll give you a better idea...there are 965 GT350s (2016) listed in US dealers side of vehicle locating (being built,in transit, on ground and possibly "sold" inc ~30 Rs).

So all of the ADM naysayers, and people who don't actually own one of these cars can log off the forum and start calling for one.

Come back once you've purchased with your ADM paid, or not paid. If you don't get one, we don't care what you think about ADM. The car is worth more than "Suggested" factory pricing to most of us, and we are happier driving them than the people whining about ADMs at home.

Sponsored

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Well said in the previous post! The suggested retail price is not the market price for this car in most places and those complaining about ADM don't have one.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll give you a better idea...there are 965 GT350s (2016) listed in US dealers side of vehicle locating (being built,in transit, on ground and possibly "sold" inc ~30 Rs).

So all of the ADM naysayers, and people who don't actually own one of these cars can log off the forum and start calling for one.

Come back once you've purchased with your ADM paid, or not paid. If you don't get one, we don't care what you think about ADM. The car is worth more than "Suggested" factory pricing to most of us, and we are happier driving them than the people whining about ADMs at home.
:lol: ... who pissed in your Wheaties?

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

I will do that. Just like I did 15 years ago when buying a Lightning, I brought my contract back to that dealer that told me I had no chance of getting under sticker. I saved about 7k between sticker and trade value.

If it helps you sleep better at night thinking that ADM is worth it, more power to you. I'm going to buy some more toys with my money.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
:lol: ... who pissed in your Wheaties?
I will do that. Just like I did 15 years ago when buying a Lightning, I brought my contract back to that dealer that told me I had no chance of getting under sticker. I saved about 7k between sticker and trade value.

If it helps you sleep better at night thinking that ADM is worth it, more power to you. I'm going to buy some more toys with my money.
No one pissed in my Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

My point is not that I support ADM (I was VERY lucky to not have paid one). But "I BELIEVE" this thread should be a discussion more like Mustang4Life just posted, or even discussion of what people are paying...not an argument of who likes it and who doesn't. No one WANTS to pay more, but (like mentioned as opinionated) some of us believe it is truly worth more.

I have no problem with you Saving money by waiting - hell I work for a large ADM dealer and it bugs me to turn away friends saying "go to X dealer they ask for less over sticker." But I also am not disappointed in THE LEAST that KBB and other industry standards have my car valued well over what I paid (even if a dealer won't pay it - because I have no intention of selling soon). Kelly has my private party at over $72k :lol:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The title of this thread is "The Down and Dirty ADM Thread (GT350)". If guess if there's to be an 'ADM Kumbaya' thread on what people payed or want to pay for a GT350, then someone's gonna have to start a fresh one. I doubt it would stay on track very long anyway. IMO, I don't think everyone would feel comfortable divulging exactly how much ADM they did pay.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I don't think everyone would feel comfortable divulging exactly how much ADM they did pay.
Why exactly is that? Because the decision is an emotional one. Like a woman buying Jimmy Choo shoes. The difference is that Men look down on that sort of spending frivolity. Respect is lost when someone admits to such a choice. This is why I'd never pay it. If I couldn't admit it to others, I certainly couldn't respect myself for making such a decision. It's the whole premise for this thread when you think about it, trying to come to grips with paying it. I knew I never could which is why I chose to not consider it. It would have ruined my ownership experience. Every time I'd look at a car I paid an ADM on I'd see my own failure in the decision to buy it :tsk:

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
This is getting ridiculous. Posted on FB yesterday from a dealer in Columbus, Ohio. Ya'll think $20k is a bad markup, try $80K!!!

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Why exactly is that? Because the decision is an emotional one. Like a woman buying Jimmy Choo shoes. The difference is that Men look down on that sort of spending frivolity. Respect is lost when someone admits to such a choice. This is why I'd never pay it. If I couldn't admit it to others, I certainly couldn't respect myself for making such a decision. It's the whole premise for this thread when you think about it, trying to come to grips with paying it. I knew I never could which is why I chose to not consider it. It would have ruined my ownership experience. Every time I'd look at a car I paid an ADM on I'd see my own failure in the decision to buy it :tsk:
I disagree. I don't disrespect anyone who wants something bad enough they are willing to pay to get it. It happens all over. I'd certainly think it was a bit foolish to spend 15-20k adm on a regular 350 as I don't feel it warrants such mark up.. nor do I feel it's worth it.

The funny thing is nobody that knows anything about these cars bats an eye when people pay 5-20k over for an R. When at the end of the day you end up paying almost 30k more for a car with some red stitching, badges, calipers, springs wheels/tires and a wing and splitter. Of course you get exclusivity for that money but most likely not worth the money over a track package with better tires to the average person.

At the end of the day you can only sell something if someone is willing to buy it. If demand still warrants adm then there isn't much you can do aside from searching for a dealer that doesn't charge it. They are out there for sure. To the dealers who charge outrageous adm they are likely to stI'll be sitting on 16's as the 17's come out. Then maybe you'll see a price drop. We shall see.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This is getting ridiculous. Posted on FB yesterday from a dealer in Columbus, Ohio. Ya'll think $20k is a bad markup, try $80K!!!

Wow. Ricart? Or one of their dealers?
Sponsored