Sponsored

The dealer installed lighting kit?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
What's the deal with that?

Looks like it's just cup holder and footwell ambient lighting. Anyone order that for their car?
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
You would be better off contacting Diode Dynamics and doing it yourself.

Those dealer kits are over priced and crummy

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
The ambient lighting package is a $250 dealer option correct?

You can achieve the same effect for less than $100 with a few RGB LED strips and some custom acrylic accents (which we will have soon!)

Nick C.

PortlandTate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Black on Black
It came with my GT premium and I love it. Footwell, cup holders, and door handles all light up, and you can change the color through the dash HUD (6 or 7 different colors). At night it just looks amazing as it stays on at all times.

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What's the deal with that?

Looks like it's just cup holder and footwell ambient lighting. Anyone order that for their car?
I installed this on my base GT. super easy install and it's a genuine Ford product which I love.

Sponsored

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
I installed this on my base GT. super easy install and it's a genuine Ford product which I love.
Did it come with directions? I live in Hawaii. Land of, "try to rip you off whenever I can".

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Did it come with directions? I live in Hawaii. Land of, "try to rip you off whenever I can".
Your local Ford dealership can print them off for you, of I can send the directions.

Basically. Put the lights where you want and install the button where you want. The biggest thing the instructions helped me with we're telling me which wire to splice into for park lamps.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
What kind of "button" are they giving you? Does it have all the color combinations or just a single default one? can you control it through the cluster?

Also... was there any DRILLING involved?

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The button allows you to cycle through the colors or turn off the light. Yes, there is drilling to install the button, the cup holder light, and the center console light.

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
I assume what you are describing is different than the ambient lighting that comes with the GT Premium? Because that one (which should be the same that is in our 2013 Taurus) has no separate button that was drilled after and is controlled by the MFT screen.

Sponsored

christiano1245

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base gt with PP
Honestly fords is crap I bought this kit for 89 bucks shipped. It has music mode strobe mode and constant when it just stays one color it's honestly so bright i can't drive with music mode because it is distracting.[ame]

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I assume what you are describing is different than the ambient lighting that comes with the GT Premium? Because that one (which should be the same that is in our 2013 Taurus) has no separate button that was drilled after and is controlled by the MFT screen.

It is an add on kit for the base models. Everything is the same as what is in the premium except for the button.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
Honestly fords is crap I bought this kit for 89 bucks shipped. It has music mode strobe mode and constant when it just stays one color it's honestly so bright i can't drive with music mode because it is distracting.
LOL this is amazing

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Thank you and you can't even tell it is installed i will post a how to install it i extremely simple

Thanks that would be great. I definately saw the option on the ford website... and i was thinking if i DID get the ambient lighting that I would end up having to get the mytouch system... I would have LIKED to get that system but it wasn't available on the V6 base.
Sponsored