The Best $10.95 Spent

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I would strongly suggest anyone ripping their Mustang apart pay the $10.95 for the 72 Hour subscription to Motorcraft Service.

The factory splined strut bolts that everyone is struggling with, um yeah, one time use and the service parts are smaller in diameter and not splined.

I pretty much saved the entire manual as pdf documents on my computer.

This car has some crazy torques on fasteners because they are one time use. Several torque turn specs.

I take issue with vendors who do not include fasteners or correct torque specs with their products. I know it's a dirty little secret that we all reuse this stuff all the time but a few hours of reading and ordering the fasteners ahead of time is pretty basic prep.

An example I saw this week at a track day a fully prepared race car had a rear caliper mount bolt fail/fall out which proceeded to get caught in the wheel and break the wheel. Thankfully the driver felt something and it broke in the pits and not at speed.

Just my obnoxious opinion coming through as usual :D
Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I take issue with vendors who do not include fasteners or correct torque specs with their products.
^^This...:amen:

Kinda shocked no one ever asks for these specs as well on any DYI. My @ss must be old-school, when torque specs were the first things to look up.

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Where does one sign up for the 72-hour subscription?
That would be helpful :doh:

You can go through Helm or Motorcraft Directly

Helm

or

Motorcraft

I went in to buy the $177 CD for my car then got impatient and stayed up till 3AM reading everything.

It gives you all TSB's (You can only see the description) to your VIN lot's of info at your fingertips.

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Example

85ft/lbs it serious torque, not just like the old car where tight was tight.

Attachments

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I asked if they were one time use torque to yield bolts before any suspension mods came out and got a NO why would Ford do that as a response.
They are half right, maybe not TTY but some of these are small bolts with big torque. And you and I know your Ford Dealer is reusing this stuff. I'm ordering a bunch of stuff this week for planned mods and I'll see what is stocked.

The front wheel bearing is simple torque but rear is torque + torque turn.

I'm putting ARP 1/2" studs in the front with spacers so all of this started to see what the procedure was, then everything I looked at was eye opening.

The oil pan, yes the oil pan is two in/lb torques plus 45 turn. LOL I bet that has never happened outside the factory :lol:

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
So is this for the factory service manual that is like $250?

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
The Motorcraft site doesn't work with FireFox, only IE. Still checking the Helm site.

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
The Motorcraft site doesn't work with FireFox, only IE. Still checking the Helm site.
Yes the poor people at Helm will have a bunch of emails when they come in Monday ;)

To register and pay use IE (I can't believe people actually still use it) I used chrome without issue once I was registered.

The Helm site doesn't link well to Motorcraft. After I logged in I just opened the motorcraft page and it was fine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
A fully prepped track car that wssn't safety wired... surely you jest sir :)
Safety wire? People still use that LOL, this isn't the '50's. The one "safety" innovation responsible for more failed fasteners than any sanctioning body would ever admit to :cool:

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Fyi... why dont you just email me a copy of the pdf and I will PP you a dollar:)
A dollar per page? Sure but I include the 10 pages of Safety Information with each request :D
Sponsored