Sponsored

Test drove a 16 2SS today

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm asking if they're trying to move them off the lot with the deep discounts because they are just sitting guys. Usually that's what dealers do with dead stock. In other words, they are trying to move them because they just aren't moving.
Actually, I think they are selling just fine. If you go to that "Camaro forum", there's a bunch of them that are in different colors and models, mostly SS cars though.
I'm itching to see the new ZL1 come out! That car is going to hurt a lot of feelings. lol
Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Actually, I think they are selling just fine. If you go to that "Camaro forum", there's a bunch of them that are in different colors and models, mostly SS cars though.
I'm itching to see the new ZL1 come out! That car is going to hurt a lot of feelings. lol
Mostly enthusiasts post on forums.. Like over here at MG6, most of the members here are GT owners.

For the big 3, the V6 models and EB are the ones I see on the streets the most.

As far as the ZL1, it could have been a beast but GM will never make the Camaro more powerful than it's big brother. I bet, guarantee you the GT500 will beat them all including Mr. 707. I mean, the out going GT500 ran like what, an 11.6?

It's going to put a lot of, hurt!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa 20% and their sales still suck.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
GM is offering 20% off a lot of 16's even C7's and Z06's are being offered at 20% off at places like MacMulkin. They need to blow these out as the 17's are already in showrooms. This should also help people to get leftover 16 GT350's at MSRP.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
GM is offering 20% off a lot of 16's even C7's and Z06's are being offered at 20% off at places like MacMulkin. They need to blow these out as the 17's are already in showrooms. This should also help people to get leftover 16 GT350's at MSRP.
The Ford house across the street had like 4 350s for MSRP. All of them are tech packages 2016s.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
"The car is selling as well as they had hoped"

****20% off all 2016's!****

"This is according to plan"

--Delusions 10:06, the Gospel of Al Oppenheiser

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The Ford house across the street had like 4 350s for MSRP. All of them are tech packages 2016s.
Most of the 16's left that are at or below MSRP are tech pack cars. If people do any track days, they won't want this package as it is really not suitable for track work. Not a ton of Track Pack 16's left and those I found on line still have outrageous ADM or are used and still have a markup.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mostly enthusiasts post on forums.. Like over here at MG6, most of the members here are GT owners.

For the big 3, the V6 models and EB are the ones I see on the streets the most.

As far as the ZL1, it could have been a beast but GM will never make the Camaro more powerful than it's big brother. I bet, guarantee you the GT500 will beat them all including Mr. 707. I mean, the out going GT500 ran like what, an 11.6?

the ZL1 seems faster from the dyno's I've seen. GM tweaks the numbers to keep their halo car as the top dog. I've seen a couple dyno runs that were eye openers. I still can't get behind a car that has basically no visibility while inside.

It might not be all that easy to smoke a C7. While the horsepower is less than the GT350, the Mustang is heavier. The Voodoo also makes all it's power above 3500. The LT1 has a huge power band and the head start might be hard to overcome. This may come down to driver skill but I would not say that the GT350 is faster than the C7.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The new ZL1 has 650hp and 650lbs. of tq. Same as the C7 Z06. Pretty nasty if you ask me. Then, once Vengeance Racing gets it's hands on one, it's going to be a VERY nasty machine. See what they did with the '16 Camaro SS?! Youtube it. That lopey cam is nasty as well. Well over 700rwhp and well over 600rwtq. :eyebulge: :eyebulge: I love that stuff.

But, yes, I think the new GT500 will be the top dog once again. I am actually buying one when it comes out. As long as it's a V8, sounds killer and has gobs of power/torque. :thumbsup:
(I currently have my car for sale. Still up in the air if I want to sell it or not though. lol)

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
the ZL1 seems faster from the dyno's I've seen. GM tweaks the numbers to keep their halo car as the top dog. I've seen a couple dyno runs that were eye openers. I still can't get behind a car that has basically no visibility while inside.

It might not be all that easy to smoke a C7. While the horsepower is less than the GT350, the Mustang is heavier. The Voodoo also makes all it's power above 3500. The LT1 has a huge power band and the head start might be hard to overcome. This may come down to driver skill but I would not say that the GT350 is faster than the C7.
Ahh manual C7 vs a manual GT350.. it will be really close, a drivers race with the C7 by barely half a car I'm my opinion. The m6 SS is about 1-1.5 cars slower than the C7 m6..

From a dig the torque of the SS/C7 will probably give it a jump but the high hp of the GT350 will reel in..

Both will loose to the C7 over a mile or top speed. Either way, all three cars are very close.. close enuff to be a drivers race.

Each by a car on the 1/4

C7 > GT350 > SS

Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
:cheers:
The new ZL1 has 650hp and 650lbs. of tq. Same as the C7 Z06. Pretty nasty if you ask me. Then, once Vengeance Racing gets it's hands on one, it's going to be a VERY nasty machine. See what they did with the '16 Camaro SS?! Youtube it. That lopey cam is nasty as well. Well over 700rwhp and well over 600rwtq. :eyebulge: :eyebulge: I love that stuff.

But, yes, I think the new GT500 will be the top dog once again. I am actually buying one when it comes out. As long as it's a V8, sounds killer and has gobs of power/torque. :thumbsup:
(I currently have my car for sale. Still up in the air if I want to sell it or not though. lol)
Wow you are so lucky.. I can't barely get a GT PP :(

The only beastly SS I saw was Hennessy.. it killed the hellcat. But the same can be said for the GT.. the 5.0 handles boost like no one's biz!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Don't get me wrong...I really do like the Camaro, all generations of them actually.

Back when I had my Challenger I was a member at Camaro5..in fact here is a thread I created when I had an impromptu photo shoot with a Camaro, Mustang and my Challenger...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102961

But because I wasn't lock-step with the group, and "showed a lack of interest in the Camaro brand"..I was perma-banned.

I'm cool with the Camaro, it's the Camaro5/6 admins and regulars that I have a beef with.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Don't get me wrong...I really do like the Camaro, all generations of them actually.
Back when I had my Challenger I was a member at Camaro5..in fact here is a thread I created when I had an impromptu photo shoot with a Camaro, Mustang and my Challenger...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102961
But because I wasn't lock-step with the group, and "showed a lack of interest in the Camaro brand"..I was perma-banned.
I'm cool with the Camaro, it's the Camaro5/6 admins and regulars that I have a beef with.
Wow,.....really?!?!?!? That wicked sucks. Actually, I remember your screen name. Same as here, correct?
I've been a member for a long time, since Camaro5 and my signature is a big photo of my '13 GHIG Roush Stage 3. No one ever says anything and I never get any negative comments. I'm sure the moderators will jump all over them and let them know that I am a car lover of all brands. :thumbsup: :D I did own a Hugger Orange Camaro SS before the Roush.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Wow,.....really?!?!?!? That wicked sucks. Actually, I remember your screen name. Same as here, correct?
I've been a member for a long time, since Camaro5 and my signature is a big photo of my '13 GHIG Roush Stage 3. No one ever says anything and I never get any negative comments. I'm sure the moderators will jump all over them and let them know that I am a car lover of all brands. :thumbsup: :D I did own a Hugger Orange Camaro SS before the Roush.

Yup...here's the ban message which they claim doesn't exist

https://imgur.com/gallery/VBdaR
Sponsored