Sponsored

Sync 3 software update for 2016s?

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
If you call to cancel xm they will transfer you and offer 50% off.. Worked for me twice on other cars. I use the streaming at work and the app at home so it is worth it to me
Sponsored

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
spotify has these weird artist never heard of before and i cant find any good music on that app

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I just use siriusXM. I've never found any use for the music apps. For some reason this is what I picture a person that uses music apps looking like...

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The apps are useless, why not just stream the music off your spotify app on your phone. Some of you are making it sound like this is a dire inconvenience..

Sponsored

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
The apps are useless, why not just stream the music off your spotify app on your phone. Some of you are making it sound like this is a dire inconvenience..
Exactly. I gave up on the Applink pretty much right away. It works horrible and the interface is just terrible. I just use the Spotify app on the phone. It is way more stable, plus I can choose songs in the playlists. Also, I can use the equalizer in the Spotify phone app to better tune in the sound.

OP
OP

stangg172016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang
Not really dire. Definitly a first world problem though :)

Honestly its a safety thing. Cops around here will pull you over in a second if they see you even holding a phone. I also prefer the convenience of a large touch screen vs fiddling with my phone while driving. Its a preference and a tech thing for me, that's all.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Not really dire. Definitly a first world problem though :)

Honestly its a safety thing. Cops around here will pull you over in a second if they see you even holding a phone. I also prefer the convenience of a large touch screen vs fiddling with my phone while driving. Its a preference and a tech thing for me, that's all.
not if u have a manual car :p

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Bumping for an update. Just read a pc mag article stating that carplay and android auto will come standard on 17s. Not sure if that means 16s are SOL.

http://www.pcmag.com/review/347670/2016-ford-mustang-gt-premium
This is pretty old information. If you search the forum, there are threads about AA and AC, speculating on their release dates for 2016 cars. They were supposed to be released in summer, 2016, but now it's looking like late 2016, and the Carplay users will need a USB hub upgrade that apparently costs about $200. Also, some late 2016 cars have all this built in.

JR

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
This is ridiculous. The software is already out and we have the hardware what is taking so long to release it? And ill be damned if they tell me i have to pay in order to use carplay this update was advertised as free but if it turns out that i have to buy something in order to use carplay i will be livid.

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
It's still technically summer until Wednesday...

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
my question is: will we be able to update it by ourselves through owner.ford or will the dealer have to do it?