cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
hello all,
what do us 2015 owners have to do in order to get this sync 3. My plan has expired and before I pay 60.00 for 1 year sync I want to know is it worth it?
Wait, you pay for sync by the year? Mine just seems to use bluetooth and connect to my phone? I'm a little lost. I'd pay $60 to get sync 3, but I don't think that's how this works.
Sponsored

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hes paying for "sync services" which is bullshit and he should cancel. I thought they killed it off to begin with.

It provides the turn-by-turn directions using the phone call download bullshit if you didnt pay for nav, my 2012 focus had that. Stupid stupid stupid.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
That link is absolutely useless. Your software is garbage.

There is absolutely no reason why a certain app should work on my way to the grocery store and on my way home from the grocery store it doesn't work. Especially since I only was in the grocery store for 2 minutes getting milk. Even more so because when I look at my phone it still says that Spotify is on, just paused.

On top of that when I get in the car it says " resuming Spotify" then it times out, defaults to AM radio, and then tells me that the only app installed on my phone is something else like Pandora. That's strange because when I got in the car it read Spotify slacker and Sirius XM.
Not just you. Half the problem is the spotify app itself, the few recent updates have REALLY screwed things up, while simultaneously improving the UI dramatically. So bizarre.

What I have to do usually is open the spotify app on my phone, then do a scan, and it usually picks it up again. Other times just cycling bluetooth fixes it. Others it never fixes until a full power cycle of the sync system (car off, door open, wait a few, turn car back on)

Its still a massive improvement over that bullshit the last gen sync was... holy crap that was a disaster.

I am still holding out hope that the full android auto integration will fix all this, as then its no more ford code running. Shame.

Ford must have some shit software engineers, which is hilarious considering I applied once and they shot me the fuck down, and my entire last 8 years of development has been on integrated / embedded devices. I know this shit.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
today is august 1st and still no update for sync 3 version 2.0

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Not just you. Half the problem is the spotify app itself, the few recent updates have REALLY screwed things up, while simultaneously improving the UI dramatically. So bizarre.

What I have to do usually is open the spotify app on my phone, then do a scan, and it usually picks it up again. Other times just cycling bluetooth fixes it. Others it never fixes until a full power cycle of the sync system (car off, door open, wait a few, turn car back on)

Its still a massive improvement over that bullshit the last gen sync was... holy crap that was a disaster.

I am still holding out hope that the full android auto integration will fix all this, as then its no more ford code running. Shame.

Ford must have some shit software engineers, which is hilarious considering I applied once and they shot me the fuck down, and my entire last 8 years of development has been on integrated / embedded devices. I know this shit.
I really like the new spotify interface, but after about 5 minutes of listening the skip forward/back buttons stop working until I pause and unpause playback. It gets old really fast.

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nexus 5 previously and currently a Samsung S7 Edge. My wife's and new iPhone 6S doesn't really do anything but play "bluetooth audio"

This has been happening to both starting from the very first time I used the car when I bought it in January.

The only way this system is even "better" than the old is that it's less laggy.
TheDivaDanielle,

Since there is no software update available for SYNC 3, I recommend performing a module reset. To do so: Select radio > Hold the power button (center of the volume knob) + the right-seek button at the same time for up to 5 seconds.

I must be doing something wrong with android auto. I have a 17 escape and the dam thing wont even read text messages. It will tell me I cant read them now. I don't use it I think sync is more advanced then it is.
dconfer,

The text message feature must be enabled in your cell phone. For more info on this feature, check out this link: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...-messages-with-voice-commands-and-sync-3.html

hello all,
what do us 2015 owners have to do in order to get this sync 3. My plan has expired and before I pay 60.00 for 1 year sync I want to know is it worth it?
blakedanatural,

SYNC 3 is unavailable on other models because the system and software are built into the vehicle during the time of production. To share general ideas with Ford Motor Company on how we can enhance our products and services, please visit http://social.ford.com

Cara

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sync3 will read my test messages but android auto wont.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I really like the new spotify interface, but after about 5 minutes of listening the skip forward/back buttons stop working until I pause and unpause playback. It gets old really fast.
Thats a good one. Ive been having to pull out my phone and use the widget to hit skip.

I hope your reporting to spotify through the contact form, I have been constantly... its frustrating as those customer service reps play games but... someone has to report these issues.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
same exact issue. I've since canceled my spotify and pandora subscriptions and only have slacker now since it works 45% of the time which is better than 25% like the other two.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Thats a good one. Ive been having to pull out my phone and use the widget to hit skip.

I hope your reporting to spotify through the contact form, I have been constantly... its frustrating as those customer service reps play games but... someone has to report these issues.
I'll have to start doing that.

same exact issue. I've since canceled my spotify and pandora subscriptions and only have slacker now since it works 45% of the time which is better than 25% like the other two.
I just can't believe that they managed to break the skip when the new interface was rolled out. I'd rather have the old boring interface if it means playback actually works as expected.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
another way of fixing this issue is uninstalling spotify and switching to sirius xm

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Speaking of the xm app, I can't get any of my favorites to show up on the screen... Any ideas? They show up in the app just fine.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
another way of fixing this issue is uninstalling spotify and switching to sirius xm
I get real crappy xm reception. There are dead spots in places where my Infiniti had no problems. I'm slowly starting to remember why I left Ford and went Japanese 8 years ago :frusty:

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I get real crappy xm reception. There are dead spots in places where my Infiniti had no problems. I'm slowly starting to remember why I left Ford and went Japanese 8 years ago :frusty:
I get spotty reception too. On and off ramps on highways will always cut out and there always seems to be patches in lqrge parking lots where it cuts. Other cars dont do it.

I dont think im going to reup my sirius. After the first half month its extrmemly repetitive and the sound quality is low. A lot of times it sounds like the FM radio is higher quality.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Sirius is really shady too, they never leave me alone.

Im gonna have to threaten cancelling spotify to try to get some traction I think... I am secretly hoping the android auto update comes out and that spotify isnt broken when using that, but I doubt it.
Sponsored