Sync 1 to 3 Harness Help!!

Gestanley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hello guys, I done a sync 1 to sync3 swap in my base 2017 Mustang GT I got APMI, SREEN, USB HUB, and FACEPLATE from a 2018 GT. I need to know where i can get a good Harness that will work without spending 3-4 hundred dollars for the harness! Anyone had any luck? Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic

IbanezRG7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost PP
If you havent already pulled the trigger on one, I personally went with this one priced at $249 https://hellhorseperformance.com/co...ay-conversion-harness-for-sync3-15-18-mustang. It works perfect.

I saw a bunch of conversion harnesses on ebay and other cheaper places but I wasnt willing to cheap out that much on something like that. I've heard that many of the super cheap ones lack the backup camera wire.

Sponsored

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Send a PM to @HextallS550. He’s the man for all things Sync 3 especially harnesses.
I know this post is old but do you have any other recommendations? Hextall does not sell a harness for the sync 3 swap. I'm also looking for a harness and can't find any good sellers.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Hi there. I'm just offering advise as I have never done the upgrade. That said, I would be very weary of these off brand eBay products unless you have someone who can vouch for them.
I'm not sure there are any good options, hextall support says eBay ones are junk, hellhorse ones don't work, and Amazon ones are also junk. The only one that looks remotely appealing is the navos one on American muscle but my address and name and number are permantly banned from ordering from them cuz they scammed me. I could try to have a friend order it. Someone in her mentioned an eBay one that works good but no good gps options. I wish hextall still sold a harness by itself. Worst case I could try to repin my own harness but that's confusing as hell for me. Might just try to have a friend order the navos one

Sponsored

acepk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ace
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I'm not sure there are any good options, hextall support says eBay ones are junk, hellhorse ones don't work, and Amazon ones are also junk. The only one that looks remotely appealing is the navos one on American muscle but my address and name and number are permantly banned from ordering from them cuz they scammed me. I could try to have a friend order it. Someone in her mentioned an eBay one that works good but no good gps options. I wish hextall still sold a harness by itself. Worst case I could try to repin my own harness but that's confusing as hell for me. Might just try to have a friend order the navos one
I plan on upgrading to sync 3, which harness did you decide to go with?

GhostWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
I plan on upgrading to sync 3, which harness did you decide to go with?
I ended up grabbing the hellhorse performance one since it's a direct copy of hextalls harness which used to be the best but hextall no longer sells theirs. Lmk if you need any forscan help as well. I've pretty much figured everything out including which gps you need (works the nav and the direction indicator on the gauge cluster) alot of the stuff said in the main forum is wrong including which gps to get which wasted alot of my time. I actually had a nav unit I didn't realize till I set it up but I use android auto. You also need a new hub and 2 cables from Ford. Lmk if you have any questions I can write you a list of everything you will need, ps theirs a mustang6g forums code for the hellhorse that brings it from 250 to around 222$ which helps a bit since it's so pricey

acepk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ace
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I ended up grabbing the hellhorse performance one since it's a direct copy of hextalls harness which used to be the best but hextall no longer sells theirs. Lmk if you need any forscan help as well. I've pretty much figured everything out including which gps you need (works the nav and the direction indicator on the gauge cluster) alot of the stuff said in the main forum is wrong including which gps to get which wasted alot of my time. I actually had a nav unit I didn't realize till I set it up but I use android auto. You also need a new hub and 2 cables from Ford. Lmk if you have any questions I can write you a list of everything you will need, ps theirs a mustang6g forums code for the hellhorse that brings it from 250 to around 222$ which helps a bit since it's so pricey
Thanks! So I just picked this up and I have no idea if it has navigation

IMG_0987.jpeg