sweet, my insurance on my GT is $10 a month less than my SHO

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Went from a 2013 SHO to the 2015 GT. I was worried the price was going to sky rocket, but it is actually $10 less.

$65 a month ($500 deductible)

ME being 43 and married with a clean record helps. But I think the big difference is a base SHO is $38k versus a base GT being like $30k.

I thought the 70hp difference would have done more damage.
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Oh, hey, this thread again!

Talking about insurance costs is meaningless because it all depends on where you live. So I pay $170 / month and think it's a bargain, and then we get five pages of comments of people wondering why insurance spreads are so high.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Haha this thread will make people mad, the GT is supposed to be more expensive than that! Mine only went up $10 a month from the 14 V6, and is cheaper than my 92 miata I had, go figure.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I actually just switched my Volvo to Progressive and my payments went from $196/m to $108/m for full coverage ($250 deductible for both). Keep in mind I'm not even 21 yet (JUST A FEW MORE WEEKS DAMMIT!!!).

My only regret is not switching sooner.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I actually just switched my Volvo to Progressive and my payments went from $196/m to $108/m for full coverage ($250 deductible for both). Keep in mind I'm not even 21 yet (JUST A FEW MORE WEEKS DAMMIT!!!).

My only regret is not switching sooner.
I gotta shop around soon too, I have been with allstate since I started driving but I have gotten quotes from most places that are quite a bit lower than what I have now.

Sponsored

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
After a lot of work, and a lot of hassle Insuring my GT with full coverage and my F-250 LD with basic coverage ended up being 10 bucks less a month than the full coverage on my 98 F-250 LD lol. Protip if you have progressive, don't change your policy online or on the phone using the "my policy feature." if you are going to change a vehicle on there, it's wayyy cheaper to just go to their main website and start a whole new quote process.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Oh, hey, this thread again!

Talking about insurance costs is meaningless because it all depends on where you live. So I pay $170 / month and think it's a bargain, and then we get five pages of comments of people wondering why insurance spreads are so high.
I think the OPs point was the delta between the SHO and Mustang, not total cost...I think most know prices vary by location.

I think the 5 star safety rating has a lot to do w/ the costs. Less potential for medical expenses, the better. I've noticed cheaper insurance on the same vehicle, 1 yr difference...only change being the addition of stability control. While many of us dislike electronic nannies and the added weight of some safety items...they do have their advantages...

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I think the OPs point was the delta between the SHO and Mustang, not total cost...I think most know prices vary by location.

I think the 5 star safety rating has a lot to do w/ the costs. Less potential for medical expenses, the better. I've noticed cheaper insurance on the same vehicle, 1 yr difference...only change being the addition of stability control. While many of us dislike electronic nannies and the added weight of some safety items...they do have their advantages...
I just know that the difference between my 2011 V6 and my 2015 V8 was about $60 / month, which was less than I expected.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Wow I'm 43 and with clean record (wife has at fault) and im paying 1800 a year or 150a month! Wth

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
I'm 24 with a completely clean record and I'll be paying $87 per month. I'm pleased with the rate! It's $3.00 cheaper than my 2013 BRZ was. Thank you Jake from State Farm... in the khakis. Lol!

Last edited:

Sponsored

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I live in Florida where it's full of retarded Canadians that are like 200 years old and on top of that a no-fault state AND me being only 22 so insurance is high. If I was on my own it would be about $2800 a year, but with my family and splitting it I only pay $800 every six months.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
My insurance will be cheaper on a GT Premium than with my base FRS.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Also has to do with the mustang having better safety features and being more robust to crashes

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had the exact same car as the OP. 2013 SHO and I got a Auto GT Insurance went up almost 100 bucks every six months. I am 52 and never had any tickets. Go figure.
Sponsored