Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
It seems like alot of the auto x guys like the Strano bar and are getting good results from running it on a PP car.

My question is this:

For maximum handling and body control and with a set of springs (steeda), is a full bar set needed or will just a rear bar do?

Currently my car pushes on stock PP bars. I'm lowered on steeda sports. Theres about 100 pounds of additional weight on the tip of the car due to Paxton. I've gone with things like the gtrac brace up front and the rear subframe braces for extra support.

Will I gain from a full bar set?

I'm going to be running RE-71s for the street 285s square.
Sponsored

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It depends on many factors in your set up. I believe most of the guys running the Strano bar are running in a class that only allows them to run 1 aftermarket sway bar so they are making the most out of the constraints of the rules. Not sure what you are running now wheel/tire wise, but I wouldn't make any changes until you put the 285 square set up on and go from there.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes, I think the issue with the other sway bar sets is the rear bar is too stiff IF used by itself (Street class rules only allow the front OR rear bar to be replaced). You are already illegal for street (aftermarket springs) so you might as well change out both the front & rear ARB.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
To cure understeer you need to soften the front, not stiffen it!! So your G-track brace will induce more understeer, but you have done this now.

To get rid of understeer or reduce it try the following:
Increase rear tyre pressure 2psi
Install a thicker swaybar in the rear
Try to dial in more front negative camber

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
To cure understeer you need to soften the front, not stiffen it!! So your G-track brace will induce more understeer, but you have done this now.

To get rid of understeer or reduce it try the following:
Increase rear tyre pressure 2psi
Install a thicker swaybar in the rear
Try to dial in more front negative camber
Don't go overboard in applying race car guidelines to street cars. The standard race car guidance is to soften the front or rear to add grip at that end. Yet for a street car the first thing we do is stiffen both ends for better performance which by the above theory would reduce grip all around. The real answer is almost always "it depends...".

Plus stiffening the frame/chassis is a totally different animal from stiffening the suspension.

Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Go with the just the rear BMS bar. The Steeda rear bar is too large IMO.

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
Don't go overboard in applying race car guidelines to street cars. The standard race car guidance is to soften the front or rear to add grip at that end. Yet for a street car the first thing we do is stiffen both ends for better performance which by the above theory would reduce grip all around. The real answer is almost always "it depends...".

Plus stiffening the frame/chassis is a totally different animal from stiffening the suspension.
This, On a strut suspension, adding spring rate or roll resistance can actually improve grip by minimizing the change in camber and toe. This is especially true on soft stock setups vs a proper race car. Once you've established sensible spring rates, bar changes and the generic tropes all apply. Until then, there is a point where stiffening the front end can reduce understeer.